G.Skill Ripjaws Problem?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G.Skill Ripjaws Problem?

Hi, Yesterday i received my new G.Skill (F3-12800CL7D-4GBRM) I ordered them to replcae my OCZ which were DOA and had cold boot issues, i could not wait for a RMA so i brought these

To the problem, my WEI score is 5.5? were as before with the other ram (when working) it was 7.5

My Everest cache & memory scores are low compared to online results & reviews for this Ram?

Read - 12278 MB/s
    Write - 11571 MB/s
    Copy - 14112 MB/s
    Latency 46.5 ns

The ram is set at SPD and at 1.6v DOCP profile. In CPU-Z it reports the Ram as running at 803MHZ 2:10/ 7-8-7-24-88 2T.
    I have changed no bios setting for cpu or anything else since install, i only checked the Ram was running at the right spec/timmings. Really hope it not a problem with the modules as i had to buy these extra as the others have failed to work for me.

Any advice?

Thanks

Also tried XMP profile and get the same results.

http://www.chilledpc.co.uk/reviews/?p=177

Similar G.Skill modules but at 8-8-8-24, Their read/write/copy speeds are much higher than mine, Will the base clock at 200 give better results over a 160 base clock? they are both run at 1600mhz.
    Last edited by ollie26; 02-09-2011, 02:54 AM.

I am slightly perplexed too. I see others having roughly 7-7.2 on this kit with the speeds I have (mine are the 4 GB 2x2 4GBRH is it?) and ye I get 5.9.

Running winsat formal -clean I get 19 GB/s .. thats all it says off winsat and yields 5.9 :/

to your rread, copy, etc

I have copy 14ish , read 13ish, write 10-11ish, total 10ish, and 47ish lat.

Thats on maxmemm2 as it is highly varying values across different benchmarks hehe...

Comment

Yes they are 4 GB 2x2 4GBRH. DDR3 1600MHZ Cas7 1.6v

Surley if my benckmark results are low then something is not right? Hoping a G.Skill tech can shed some light as i have been looking online since yesterday for info as the site wouldn't let me post until my account got accepted today lol.

Comment

well I have similar as you and I have OC'ed mine to 1600 CL 7/8 settings. not much OC headroom on these on the amd platform but on AIDA64 I get like pretty good results as such , looking online but ye.. hmm, don't know, hit 5.9 on the wei, although I can't complain on the stability of them and after all, we ain't gonna be seeing so much difference I think on like little bumps, so I can't say I'm unhappy or anything, but just finding the WEI weird :/

I saw people having 7ish I think and besides, I got a commen ton this by a customer so I felt a bit uneasy about it. It is more about if I am going to continue buying g skills which I now am somewhat in doubt about.

Comment

I have had the same system working for a month, The OCZ ram that i had in before gave me 7.5 WEI.

All i did was take out the OCZ and put the G.Skill modules in and set the timmings to SPD @ 1600mhz.

Puzzled :S

Another post on the same issue

http://gskill.us/forum/showthread.php?t=6580

I can't find a review online that uses the same modules & has the Everest cache and memory benckmark scores.
          Last edited by ollie26; 02-09-2011, 12:09 PM.

Comment

BCLK does affect performance. What motherboard and CPU are you guys using? Can't help without info.

Also, maybe you can post some BIOS pictures so I can see if anything is set incorrectly?

Thank you
            GSKILL TECH

Comment

Hey, Can't take any picks of bios but i will describe the best i can.

Sysytem

Asus P7P55D-E Pro
              I5 760 @3.5GHZ with Turboboost (4GHZ)
              G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 16000MHZ C7
              GTX 460's SLI

CPU-Z readings are

MEMORY
              803MHZ
              2T/1T Both work with the same result.

Bios settings

DOCP Blck 160
              Ram ratio 2/10
              Ram 1.6v

Also set manual overclocking settings and used a 160 blck instead of using the DOCP profile or the XMP (all gave same results)

I also tested the ram with no turboboost or any power saving options turned on in the bios and got more a less the same readings, so its not the OC w/ turboboost.

Sytem is working fine & boots up in the morning but slightly woried that the Ram is not running up to Spec.

Thanks

Comment

it appears to be fine, what is your available physical memory?

Thank you
                GSKILL TECH

Comment

All 4 Gigs is shown in windows 7 64bit

Thanks

Comment

That is Total Physical Memory, we need to know how much is left when Windows is fully loaded.

Thank you
                    GSKILL TECH

Comment

Gskill , in my case it is bclk 240,

10:3 => 1600, 1.64V 4GB 4gbrh

total: 3.75 (of the 4), win 7 64 bit
                      available during a wei run : about 2.3-2.4 GB

tried both base install and a post install , running case , both 5.9.

Normal results for this CL 8 , 1600 MHz on maxmemm?/aida 64.

wei only returns this? 19.1 GB-s on mem, which actually sounds very good haha

Anyway, it does make me puzzled, even if I personally, trust WEI as much as I would trust a company like M$... that is to say, about as far as I would trust my ex
                      /jokes end

Comment

Originally posted by GSKILL TECH View Post
                        That is Total Physical Memory, we need to know how much is left when Windows is fully loaded.

Thank you
                        GSKILL TECH
                        Well i think you have found something there, I never noticed this until you asked but here's what my task manager/peformance reads.

Physical memory

TOTAL - 2046 (WTF)
                        CACHED - 743
                        AVAILABLE 736
                        FREE - 28

Maybe a moudule is not seated properly? These ASUS P55 boards have Qucik Dimm slots so i'll check that. I thought something was strange as i was playing Crysis warhead yeasterday and it was really choppy/laggy, Ran smooth 60fps with the OCZ ram.

Will check and report back.

Just a note - CPU-Z reports all 4gigs, in slots 1 & 3 but taskmager reads otherwise.

Thanks for the help.

Everest reports 2x2gb installed in SPD but on the memory tab it reports the same as Task manager 2gb. So something is worng, I hope i have not got a faulty dim, as that would mean 2 bad sets in a row, That can't be can it

Will try and reseat now, and report back.
                        Last edited by ollie26; 02-11-2011, 01:59 AM.

Comment

Well, Problem Solved!!

I reseated my Ram and now its reading all 4gigs in task manager and WEI is now 7.7

I guess it was the quick dimm slots, but when i first installed them i did put alot of pressure on the dims to make sure they were in (well i guess not enough pressure)

I now have peace of mind.

Next up is another 2x2gb set

Thanks for all your help. Much appreciated!!!!!!

Comment

Great! Let us know how it goes

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

WEll, that leaves me.. my settings and reaidngfs are fine.. AIDA64 reports the 25.5 GB/s as it should with 1600 MHz (I thoguht the WEI index of 19 GB/s was like a memory copy or so).

SO WEI seems to report my bandwidth as ~ 1250 MHz.. :/ what's that all about?

I have total 3.8

normally avialable ~ 2 GB

so I do not see why I get bound by 5.9.. am I really supposed to have 5.9 with 4 GB @ 1600, CL8?

I don't think so.

Comment

Working...
                              X