• Show
Clear All

• GA P55A UD3R Mother Board with 2x2Go PC10600NQ RAM

Hello,

My configuration is as follow :

MB : GA P55A UD3R
    CPU : I5 750
    RAM : 2x2Go F3-10666CL9D-4GBNQ

I have from time to time, blue screens with various errors, mainly Memory management.

This happens during cold boots or sometimes when applications are launched.

Timing parameters are at 9-9-9-24, voltage is 1.5v, speed is 800 or 1333MHz.

When only one of the module is inserted, I have no issue. When two modules are inserted, I almost always have BSOD , mainly at power up at cold.

I made some tests with other brands, that works.

Is it a specific parameter seeting?

The issue seems to not be isolated, many forums are fighting with that without solutions.

Is this G.Skill RAM compatible with my Gigabyte MB?

Thank you for your support.

Laurent
    (France)
    Last edited by Nexus.6; 02-18-2010, 09:22 AM.

The memory should be perfectly compatible. Did you raise DRAM Voltage to 1.65V? The PC3-10600 NQ memory package requires 1.65V not 1.50V.

Thank you
    GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Those are the DRAM I have : http://www.gskill.com/products.php?index=78

They are indicated as being 1.5V devices, not 1.65V. It is also written on the DRAM itlsef. Which is true?

Neverthless, I did set the Bios by hand at 9-9-9-24 and I have cold boot failure.

The support from Materiel.net (site where I purchased those items) gives me the same settings.

I will do a memtest, but I suppose I will not have errors as some other users. Someone found a solution to similar problems just by changing those items with Ripjaws devices.

Any advice?

Comment

Perhaps I forgot to say it is F3-10666CL9D-4GBNQ Ram.

It seems some have the same problem : http://gskill.us/forum/showthread.ph...t=10600&page=2

Any update on this?

Comment

Please, can you confirm Bios settings for the memory I have?

Thank you for your support.

Comment

Hi Laurent,
            You posted a message on thread http://gskill.us/forum/showthread.php?t=4097.
            I am myself also living in France, and also bought the G.Skill at Materiel.Net. How strange Huh !!!
            As I said, I exchanged for another brand to get it work. After some EMails exchanged with the sales department, I got a refund in order to buy some new one.
            Good Luck.

Comment

Bonjour PCoolen,

The problem is that the vendor told me I can't change the RAm because I have passed the 8 days limit to exchange the device with another brand. They can just exchange G.Skill by the same items as it is guaranteed.

Did you exchange after the 8 days limit?

Thank you for your comment!

Comment

I'm not in France, but I am in the EU, and if you guys are buying as consumers, an 8 day limit is illegal. Find the French implementation of EU directive 1999/44/EC. A quick Google search suggests it is to be found in "Code de la consommation". Hope this is of use.

Comment

Working...
                X