Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phoenix Pro won't work in swap drive bay

Hello,

I recently purchased a Sharkoon "SATA Quickport Intern Dual-bay"...kind of a dockingstation for two individual 2,5" drives.
    I made big plans for merging several systems into one case using the device mentioned above, but my phoenix pro 60 GB is not recognized when installed in the dock.
    When I connect the SSD directly to the mainboard it works fine.

How can that be?

FYI: I also tried 3 different magnetic SATA drives and one other SSD from Samsung. All of them are recognized when installed in the dock.

Hi JackMcNeil,

we are not sure about what's going on with the dockingstation, if the dockstation is a connector,
    the SSD should be able to recognized, if the dockstation has a chipset, it may cause the compatibility(i guess) with our SSD. also this is the very first time we hear this kind of problem!

Comment

So you are as clueless as I am. :-) I'm not sure why such a dock would need a chipset. But I'm with you....a simple connector wouldn't cause such a problem. I'd appreciate if you guys could try it out when you get the opportunity.
      At this point it's not about getting it to work but to understand what the heck is happening here.

I never hat any problem with connectivity until now. The SSD even works with the SATA to USB module from a random external magnetic drive.

Comment

basically, a simple connector wouldn't cause this kind of issue... and we have no idea what's going on with it, will contact the technical department and tell them about this, again, really sorry for the inconvenient!

Comment

Hi there,

I was just wondering if your technical department has found anything.
          I'm still curious what's going on here.

Comment

Just some possibilities, and you may already have tried them all. Does the Phoenix have the latest firmware, the Quickport can go SATA 1, II or III. Have you tried the Phoenix in both ports? have you tried with different SATA cables? You didn't mention the mobo used, some have dual SATA controllers i.e. some may have say a Marvel controller and also another native to the mobo, so if the drive works on say the Marvel controller and it's set to run under AHCI and you have it on the native controller, it might be set for IDE. Also might try with a different power cable, and check the internal Y power connector

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
            X