Phoenix FM-25S2S-128GB, update software is junk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phoenix FM-25S2S-128GB, update software is junk

I have this drive at Firmware version 2.1, I'd like to get it to 3.1 or better 3.2 to do so I reformated the drive and reinstalled Windows 7 x64 from scratch. Why reinstall because it does not work with RTs so lets waste 6 to 8 hours reinstalling Windows :-(
    Having reinstalled I tried running the software and it could not even see the drive as present. Then I installed the Intel chip set drives for a 5000X chipset, now it sees teh drive, but it can not upgrade firmware.
    Tried the old Intel 8.9 drivers, again no update. So after about 20 reboots and attempts to upgrade frimware I'm such at 2.1 and have no way to upgrade. GSkill said well RMA it, how does that help anyone if its the BOOT DRIVE! What is needed is information as to what is failing or how to resolve it, yet what I'm getting is nothing to help fix the issue.
    I'm hoping that forum members are better then the useless "support team", in helping to fix this issue so I can get around to reinstalling Windows again.

Thanks,
    ERIC

egandt did you try setting the SATA mode to AHCI in bios first ? and then load windows 7.
    ASUS Rampage II Extreme▐ Intel Core i7-920 Bloomfield ▐ ZALMAN CNPS9900ALED 120mm▐ G.SKILL 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) ▐ (1) G SKILL SNIPER 120 SSD (OS) (1) Western Digital Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB 7200 RPM 32MB (storage)▐ EVGA 01G-P3-1563-AR GeForce GTX 560 Ti SuperClocked Video Card - 1GB, GDDR5, Overclocked ▐ Antec TPQ-850 850W Continuous Power ATX12V▐ COOLMASTER HAF 932 Case▐ WINDOWS 7 HOME 64

Comment

It worked just fine for me updating from 3.1 to 3.2. The only catch I noticed is you have to turn off your pc, disconnect the power, for about 30 seconds after updating the firmware and then restart. If you do not power down and discontinue the power, your pc will not see the SSD after the update. Once you do that though everything is good.

Comment

Thanks rlb9682,

I have informed Sandforce this weird issue.
        But you are right.

Comment

Working...
        X