Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Help] Clone raid 0 AMD to SSD results in fail to boot Windows

Hi everyone,

I am a new member and a newbie here. I have a situation that drove me crazy.

First I would like to show my computer specs:

AMD x4
    Mobo: Gigabyte MA790XT-UD4P
    Ram: 6gb
    RAID 0 2xHDD
    SSD GSkill Phoenix Pro 120gb
    Windows 7 x64 Ultimate

I've just bought SSD GSkill Phoenix Pro 120gb, so I intended to clone my Windows partition from Raid 0 Partition to SSD

Since the boot CD cannot detect Raid 0 of AMD, so I use Acronis True Image Home to clone the C (Windows) partition to SSD. The clone process was good.

Then I rebooted my comp, and chose to boot from SSD. Unfortunately, the windows from the SSD didn't boot. It says: "fails to boot due to the device is inaccessible. Error: 0xc000000e"

I use Windows Rescue Disk to do start up repair, and yet it turn from error 0xc000000e to 0xc0000225, still failed to boot.

Is there anyone can help me? Thank you in advanced.

Hi convencon,

it is mean your OS doesn't have RAID driver.
    Only use clone the C partition to SSD would not solve this problem.
    Please contact AMD tech to install proper RAID driver.

Comment

Thanks for your answer.

Actually if my OS doesn't have the RAID driver, it wouldn't be able to run until this day. I installed the RAID driver when I installed Windows, and use the raid 0 drives for a long time.

Recently I have just bought the SSD, and then I clone the C partition (which is on the Raid drive) to the SSD partition (J partition) --> J partition should have the Raid driver too right?

Then I unplug the raid drives to make sure that the computer will take the SSD partition as C partition. But it still cannot boot.

Comment

This phenomenon actually has nothing to do with the hard drive, but rather the windows boot loader not knowing how to boot your system because it is on different hardware.

You will need to boot from your Windows 7 installation disks and then choose the "Repair Installation" option.

After that, open a command prompt and issue the commands:

bootrec /fixmbr
        bootrec /fixboot

and then shutdown/reboot.

I suspect that this will not be enough, and you will get errors complaining that your copy of Windows is not genuine. If that happens, you will also need to modify the registry key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\MountedDevices-->\DosDevices\C:

on the new drive by loading that drive's registry hive on a different computer to make sure the C: drive points to the proper drive.

Comment

Working...
        X