X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SMART "Reallocated Sector Count" error

One of my Phoenix 60GB SSD is showing

"Reallocated Sector Count" error Normal value: 89 Worst: 89 Raw value: 992

Isn't this bad sector? should i be worried? since this drive is pretty much brand new, well i have it for a few months now, but the actual usage and uptime of the drive is probably less than 1 day. The other Phoenix SSD that i own is fine, it doesn't have this error in the SMART attributes.

Hi codester,

Please use secure erase tool to clean this storage.
    If it still shows this massage, please RMA it.

Comment

Re: Gskill Admin

yeah i've tried secure erase it, but it still say the same thing. Can i RMA it through the store i bought it from? or do i have to go through gskill? also would i be able to rma the other drive also since i cant flash it to a new version

EDIT: hmmm reading the RMA general page for international buyer, it said i got to send the product in its original packaging, most people would chuck it away why keep the original packaging for. Is it really necessary to send it in its original packaging? else the RMA is void?
      Last edited by codester; 01-21-2011, 05:28 PM.

Comment

codester

If it is still under the 30 day warranty yes they should replace it.from the place you purchased it from.
        ASUS Rampage II Extreme▐ Intel Core i7-920 Bloomfield ▐ ZALMAN CNPS9900ALED 120mm▐ G.SKILL 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) ▐ (1) G SKILL SNIPER 120 SSD (OS) (1) Western Digital Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB 7200 RPM 32MB (storage)▐ EVGA 01G-P3-1563-AR GeForce GTX 560 Ti SuperClocked Video Card - 1GB, GDDR5, Overclocked ▐ Antec TPQ-850 850W Continuous Power ATX12V▐ COOLMASTER HAF 932 Case▐ WINDOWS 7 HOME 64

Comment

Originally posted by codester View Post
          yeah i've tried secure erase it, but it still say the same thing. Can i RMA it through the store i bought it from? or do i have to go through gskill? also would i be able to rma the other drive also since i cant flash it to a new version

EDIT: hmmm reading the RMA general page for international buyer, it said i got to send the product in its original packaging, most people would chuck it away why keep the original packaging for. Is it really necessary to send it in its original packaging? else the RMA is void?
          You can RMA via your reseller or send to us directly.
          Please RMA error message one and can't flash one.
          You still can RMA even you don't have original packing, just pack it properly.

our RMA e-mail: rma@gskill.com.

they will assist you.

Comment

Working...
          X