Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What "NEW FEATURES" at 3.2 firmware ? Those listed are only bugs fixed.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What "NEW FEATURES" at 3.2 firmware ? Those listed are only bugs fixed.

This thread title should be self explanatory.

Also where is the fix for the poor performance caused by 3.1 firmware compared to previous version ?

Btw. to moderator GSKILL, suggesting you change those words New Features to BUGS FIXED.

Thanks.
    Last edited by Brav; 01-05-2011, 12:35 AM.

Good call. It's never a good sign when the supposed new features are just bug fixes. I am on firmware 2.1 and have yet to see any real world benefit of upgrading...especially after seeing people's issues with 3.1. What's the point?

Comment

I am not sure either new features or bugs fixed are correct. According to another manufacturers latest firmware for their SandForce drives they list the EXACT same items but they call it "Known open issues". I think that may actually be what these are.

Comment

Hi all,

Sorry I didn't notice the title.
        I change to "Known open issues" as the same as SandForce released note.

Comment

Originally posted by shift View Post
          Good call. It's never a good sign when the supposed new features are just bug fixes. I am on firmware 2.1 and have yet to see any real world benefit of upgrading...especially after seeing people's issues with 3.1. What's the point?
          After a quick try on fw 3.1, I?m back to fw 2.1 as well, the best by so far.

Comment

Originally posted by GSKILL View Post
            Hi all,

Sorry I didn't notice the title.
            I change to "Known open issues" as the same as SandForce released note.
            If there are no "new" features or improvements, so what fixed in 3.2 ??

C'mon, at least you should ask SandForce why Phoenix Pro owners should apply this latest firmware ?

Comment

Originally posted by Brav View Post
              If there are no "new" features or improvements, so what fixed in 3.2 ??
              I.e. CrystalDiskInfo now is showing temperature. The rest you can't read in the release notes?
              Board: GA-Z77-D3H CPU: i5-3470 GPU: MSI GTX 660 FPB RAM: 2x4GB Kingston 1600 OS: Win 8 Pro 64 Cooling:[/size] SSD: Samsung 470 (128GB) * GSkill Phoenix Pro 120

Comment

I upgraded the firmware without any problems so far.

My upgrade was not needed very quiet off the PC after you see the ends as 3.1, restart the PC are ready and did not notice any performance gain or loss.
                Last edited by Furios; 01-06-2011, 07:32 AM.
                Asus MB M4A89TD PRO/USB3
                AMD 1090T BE @ 4,0Ghz
                Cooler Thermaltake Frio
                G.Skill Flare F3-16000CL7D-4GBFLS (2Gx2)
                SSD PHOENIX PRO-FM-25S2S 120GBP2
                HD SAMSUNG HD322HJ 320GB
                Sapphire RADEON HD 4870 1GB GDDR5
                Case Cooler Master HAF-922
                Corsair TX850W

Comment

Any word if firmware updates for the Sniper series will be available?

Comment

Hi Mattb,

I think I must have been insane recently.
                    I forgot Sniper Firmware upgrade tool is as the same as Phoenix.

Comment

Thanks. I guess I'm off to do a firmware upgrade.

Matt

Comment

Worked like a charm on my Sniper. Thanks again!

Matt

Comment

I think I must have been insane recently.
                          I forgot Sniper Firmware upgrade tool is as the same as Phoenix

I have 3 questions

1) Can this firmware 3.2 for phoenix be use to update sniper ssd 128gb too?

2) How can you back up the original fw of your ssd before upgrading to a new fw version?

3) Whats the difference of 3.2a from 3.2b?

Comment

Hi Omega 939,

you can use FW 3.2 for sure, you don't have back up the original FW, we still keep previous FW on forum, the difference between A and B is the part number, we set not useful part number previously so we change it, but FW upgrade tool uses part number to recognize SSD, so we release A and B.
                            I think you should use A.

Comment

thanks Gskill. Successfully updated the fw to 3.2. ONe noob question though. How can i check the firmware version of my sniper? thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X