firmware 3.2 update fails.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• firmware 3.2 update fails.

I ran both the update tool and the firmware update from the ssd. Is this correct?

Your thread doesn't say anything else.

Ran it and got BSOD.

Now mobo doesn't detect ssd in bios.

Hi snake24,

Could you remove your SSD and reinstall again.
    please check does BIOS recognize SSD then download FW-3.2 file again, we add a new .pkg.
    just use .exe

Comment

so is my ssd dead?

Comment

Originally posted by GSKILL View Post
        Hi snake24,

Could you remove your SSD and reinstall again.
        please check does BIOS recognize SSD then download FW-3.2 file again, we add a new .pkg.
        just use .exe

pls confirm for me all i need to do it take it out and put it back?

I don't need to send it back to the manufacturers?

Comment

OKay turned off main power switched it back on and ssd is detected again.

New drivers need to be installed so restart pc one more time and now i have firmware 3.2 installed.

Gave me a scare just now cos the ssd couldn't even be detected in bios. What kind of joke is this?

Comment

Which PKG file do we use? A or B? Edit: NVM you just try one and it'll tell you if it works or not.

Comment

My experience : if you update the firmware after crashes or can not find the SSD device. Don't worry, please power off your computer few seconds (do not use the reset does not work) and then reboot. Firmware update is complete, you can use ssdupdate check your firmware version.

Comment

I had a problem with it too. Got BSOD both times. First time I shut all programs down (using Windows 7 x64, AHCI setup in bios, MSAHCI driver) and ran the update tool. Picked package A, selected my drive etc... then it sat there for a bit until I saw it try and reboot without saying it was finished, but gave me a BSOD, so I had to shut down holding the power switch. Then I booted back into Windows and it said I had the new firmware installed. I was worried that it didn't complete properly, so I went into safe mode and did it again. This time it said it finished correctly, sat there for about 10 seconds, then when it rebooted I got a quick flash of a BSOD and then another BSOD saying it couldn't boot. So I powered everything off for a min and it was fine again. Is something wrong with this firmware or the update tool? Should I downgrade? I'm upgrading from 3.1. Just wondering if it's even worth going to 3.2? Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Kurou

Comment

Hi kuroukage,

Don't worry, you didn't do anything wrong.
                  It is Sandforce upgrade procedure issue.
                  we know this problem and informed Sandforce.
                  but all of us know how their efficiency.
                  After several of the update process, we figure out it have to power off then reboot.
                  its upgrade would be complete.
                  so don't worry about your issue.

Comment

Thanks for the reply. Glad to know it's not a problem with the firmware.

Comment

Originally posted by Weenz View Post
                      Which PKG file do we use? A or B? Edit: NVM you just try one and it'll tell you if it works or not.

is there an A or B package?

I downloaded it from the firmware 3.2 thread and there's no mention of different packages.

Comment

Originally posted by snake24 View Post
                        is there an A or B package?

I downloaded it from the firmware 3.2 thread and there's no mention of different packages.
                        It's the files that come inside the archive I was talking about. Theres an A and a B. I was using A both times and it let me. According to the information I read it wont let you use a firmware file that's not for your drive. So I'm wondering which HDD B is for? I've used A both times I've upgraded.

Comment

Either A or B can finish upgrade your SSD.
                          Last edited by G.SKILL; 01-04-2011, 07:37 PM.

Comment

In my case I tried to run "b", but it said "supported device not detected. I ran "a" and everything worked just fine, no BSOD or errors.
                            ASUS G73JH-RBBX05 | Intel i7 920XM | 8GB (2GBx4) PC3-10600 | ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5870 | 1920x1080 LED | 120GB SSD G.Skill Phoenix Pro | 500GB HD | Intel 6200 Advanced-N | Windows 7 HP 64Bit

Comment

Phoenix Pro 60GB --> 3.2

I just upgraded my Phoenix Pro 60GB from fw 3.1 to fw 3.2.

Used the "A" package, with MS AHCI driver. The SSD got detected and just after the tool sais "Firmware upgrade successful!", the whole computer crashed (BSOD).

I switched off, then swtiched on, the SSD detected and windows boots fine, no data loss occurred, and the firmware is upgraded to 3.2.

Now I'am on Intel RST AHCI driver 10.x again, because it is slightly faster then MS AHCI.

Dchard

Comment

Working...
                              X