Falcon I with Hard-Disk Raid on ICH10R Fix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Falcon I with Hard-Disk Raid on ICH10R Fix

Most of you know that the ICH10R supports trim, but some of us like to RAID our platter drives for temp caching and game drives. To make it short I was using this method on the ICH10R chipset with all drives, but when I ran wiper utility it wiped my SSD clean of all data with the Hard drive RAID enabled. Frustrating for some but there is a workaround, since I am using a ASUS PX58D-E Board it has two Southbridge controllers, on Intel and the other Marvel. The fix I used was moving my Raptors to the Marvel 6GB controller and keeping the SSD independent on the ICH10R chipset. Finally success, I can run wiper and takes no hit with the RAID array on the separate controller and its butter smooth. Now far as putting SSD's on the Marvel will be a no go since it can't pass a trim command. I just wanted to share this little experience with the users on the board and hope it may solve some potential problems for some potential RAID users.
    Last edited by Schwanke78; 12-06-2010, 12:43 PM.
    CPU I7-980X @ 3.81Ghz
    MB ASUS P6X58D-E
    GPU GTX480 @ 770Mhz
    RAM 12Gb Patriot Viper Xtreme Division-2 DDR3 @ 1908Mhz
    PSU Corsair AX 850W
    SSD: Intel X25M 80Gb
    HD 2x WD VelociRaptors 150Gb in Raid-0

Sager NP8662
    CPU: Intel Q9100 @ 2.38 GHz
    GPU: GTX 260M @ 612Mhz
    RAM: G.Skill DDR3 1066Mhz 4Gb
    SSD: Intel X25M 120Gb

Thank you for posting this info. People should understand that these are the benefits of having a motherboard with two seperate controllers. Not all will have this feature, so in that case you would not be able to split the SSD and RAID.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
    X