Phoenix Pro 120GB Write Speed Cut In Half

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phoenix Pro 120GB Write Speed Cut In Half

I installed a Phoenix Pro 120GB G.Skill SSD a couple days ago. Was a little rocky at first, but I finally got it running. Once I got it running it was amazing. Boots into Windows in about 12 seconds. I ran a bench to check speeds and it's was within acceptable range due to the limitations of my chipset. One thing that has alarmed me is that the write speed has been cut nearly in half. I ran the bench about 4 times since the install, and did 3 passes of 50MB. I was getting nearly 140MB/s random write speeds, but now it's around 80MB/s. From what I read, sounds like a secure erase will get me back up to speed, but what a pain in the ***. And then, will it only last a couple days like now? I've done all the tweaks posted in this forum. Please help!
    ASUS G73JH-RBBX05 | Intel i7 920XM | 8GB (2GBx4) PC3-10600 | ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5870 | 1920x1080 LED | 120GB SSD G.Skill Phoenix Pro | 500GB HD | Intel 6200 Advanced-N | Windows 7 HP 64Bit

Hi kwilks3

I try to find another tool can make performance back so please give me more time.

I will find it out.

Comment

I figured it out! I found a program that works perfectly for me. It's called Parted Magic. You do not have to change from AHCI to IDE. I used the bootable CD. I reset my Phoenix Pro 120GB on my ASUS G73JH laptop(Intel HM55 chipset). The best part was it was almost instantly. Now I'm back up to full speeds!

I'm very happy I didn't have to do an RMA.
      ASUS G73JH-RBBX05 | Intel i7 920XM | 8GB (2GBx4) PC3-10600 | ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5870 | 1920x1080 LED | 120GB SSD G.Skill Phoenix Pro | 500GB HD | Intel 6200 Advanced-N | Windows 7 HP 64Bit

Comment

Working...
      X