Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone here experience game freeze (Phoenix 120gb non-pro)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone here experience game freeze (Phoenix 120gb non-pro)

So I have had this drive installed for like a week and a half and everything is wonderful except for one problem; when playing Team Fortress 2 online, I experience occasional game freezes. They last for 5 to 15 seconds and the sound goes BA BA BA BA BA the whole time.

I have built many pc's and am pretty adept at troubleshooting hardward/driver/OS/compatability/etc. problems. I have spent hours reading all the threads and guides on ssd and have taken all the recommended steps where ssd is concerned.

I have AMD x4 3.0ghz, 790fx chipset, 4gb ram, win 7 ult.

Soundcard is x-fi music with latest drivers.

Your Team Fortress 2 game files is on the hard driver or SSD ?

Comment

That?s a good question I?ve been wondering about. My games are flight simulators, IL2 1946 MOD and FSX, and I install in my new SSD Phoenix Pro 60GB the IL2 and got a overall 2 fps drop, although the game loads a bit faster but not yet fully stutter free. What you gamers have to say about it? Tips? Tweaks? Hard drive or SSD? Thanks,

Comment

Originally posted by Wales View Post
        Your Team Fortress 2 game files is on the hard driver or SSD ?
        Everything on SSD including page file, 2gb.

The freezes sometimes don't happen for quite a while and then like two in a row. It is not temps I know for sure.

The weird thing is that I haven't found much on this on other forums. I hope I'm not the lone person experiencing this.

Comment

Page File should not be in SSD.
          You can try move out the pagefile.sys from SSD to other hard driver.

Comment

I have seen it argued both ways. Will try putting page file on different drive. Definitely worth a try. Thanks for the idea.

Comment

That did the trick. I put a 1024mb page file on D: and problem solved. Thanks again.

Comment

Hello all, I have the same problem that nikldan had with Team Fortress 2. My game stutters all the time and it's totally unplayable. I've disabled virtual memory (moving the pagefile location onto my hdd didn't work, so I just disabled it completely since I have 4 gigs of RAM), I turned off Superfetch, I moved my temp files onto my hdd, I disabled all performance options for My Computer except for "Use drops shadows" and "Use visual styles on windows and buttons" (so aero is disabled), I updated my firmware to 3.1... as far as I know I've done everything you can in those optimization guides.

But TF2 still stutters. It has only happened since I installed it on my ssd (FM-25S2S-120GBP2, or Phoenix Pro 120 GB).

Is there anything else I can do to fix it? Multicore rendering and VSync are both disabled, but enabling them did nothing as well.

Thank you for any help!

Comment

Originally posted by JuicyMango View Post
                  Hello all, I have the same problem that nikldan had with Team Fortress 2. My game stutters all the time and it's totally unplayable. I've disabled virtual memory (moving the pagefile location onto my hdd didn't work, so I just disabled it completely since I have 4 gigs of RAM), I turned off Superfetch, I moved my temp files onto my hdd, I disabled all performance options for My Computer except for "Use drops shadows" and "Use visual styles on windows and buttons" (so aero is disabled), I updated my firmware to 3.1... as far as I know I've done everything you can in those optimization guides.

But TF2 still stutters. It has only happened since I installed it on my ssd (FM-25S2S-120GBP2, or Phoenix Pro 120 GB).

Is there anything else I can do to fix it? Multicore rendering and VSync are both disabled, but enabling them did nothing as well.

Thank you for any help!
                  As an update to this post, Left 4 Dead 2 is also stuttering when I play, so it's not TF2-exclusive. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Comment

Working...
                  X