Trouble Installing Phoenix Pro SSD in ASUS G73JH-X1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trouble Installing Phoenix Pro SSD in ASUS G73JH-X1

So I bought an Asus G73JH-X1 notebook and ordered the 120gb Phoenix Pro SSD to give it the final kick it needed. The problem is that when I install the SSD into the primary slot I am unable to run the restore disks to install the OS. Additionally I tried a Win7 disk and it started the process but then errored out. Now if I put the SSD in as a secondary drive, then I have no problems reading or writing to the SSD at all. Asus thinks its an issue with the SSD, but that makes no sense to me.

Bottom line...is there some trick to putting an SSD in as the primary drive ? This is my first time with an SSD so I am kinda learning as I go, but it seems like the only real difference is the performance, and not so much how you install it.

Thanks in advance!!

SliGuy

Hi SliGuy,
    Thanks for choosing Phoenix Pro SSD.
    I look for specification of your notebook on ASUS website.
    Phoenix should compatible with H55 chipset.
    Asus may do something on its hardware design.
    You can try to keep the SSD on secondary slot and install OS by windows 7 disc.
    If this work then try to change the SSD to the primary slot after windows installation, power on and it may work properly.
    Let me know result, and could you post the screen shot of error message if possible.

Comment

Vaca,

Thank you so much for the reply. I was able to get this to work by formatting the SSD in Windows, and then using an OEM Win7 disk for install.

It seems to be decent, but not as fast as I would have thought...are there some things I should do beyond the normal install to improve performance?

Thanks,

SLiGuy

Comment

Working...
      X