Paragon Alignment Tool 2.0 - free download until July 31

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paragon Alignment Tool 2.0 - free download until July 31

The problem of inevitable degradation of the disk subsystem performance caused by misaligned partitions dates back to the nineties. From being a headache for IT administrators who wanted to get the most out of disk arrays, it's become crucial for all of us with appearance of SSD (solid state drive) and ultra high-capacity hard drives. Moreover, the growing popularity of virtualized systems has aggravated the situation even more.

Obviously misalignment of logical partition sectors and actual physical sectors leads to redundant read/write operations, which is critical for overall performance, and with SSD, for its lifespan as well. With our PAT (Paragon Alignment Tool) you can forget about these problems once and for all. It will help you align partitions on physical and virtual disks according to internal device's geometry without affecting the on-disk data.

Why Paragon Alignment Tool
    * The only tool that alligns partitions in a single operation
    * Guarantees safety for the on-disk system and data
    * Boosts performance of disk subsystems up to 3 times
    * Significantly increases endurance of SSD drives
    * Alligns partitions inside virtual containers and the host
    * Alligns partitions on ultra high-capacity 4K hard disks
    free download (needs registration)
    http://www.paragon-software.com/land...ment_tool.html

note: if you read this later than end July, check if it is still active, they seem to be extending the "free" deadline
    Last edited by newbino; 07-07-2010, 08:31 PM.

Newbino,
    Thanks for your information.
    it works.

Comment

Hi,
      I've tried all the other suggestions on my Falcon F1 128GB - gparted failed.
      Now with Paragon Alignment Tool 2.0 it worked promptly.
      A little thing I didn't like was:
      When I started the machine booting was delayed about 10-15 seconds. I saw 8 blue points in the first line and a black srceen in that time.
      I made a support call at Paragon and got the answer very quick:
      Start msconfig ->boot -> disable "No GUI boot" and restart. Now booting is quick again and the SSD is a little quicker. Great tool and great support (for a free downloaded tool!).
      G.Skill falcon 128 GB F1 for using OS
      Windows 7 ultimate
      raid0 for video editing
      raid1 for data

Comment

Working...
      X