Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Paper Weight... not even good for that...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ace-a-rue View Post
    OH, i missed the first part, i was concentrating on the AMD problem: to answer, you need to tell me HOW you are measuring the degradation of the performance level...i don't do much in the multi-tasking to notice any degradation.

sorry, i haven't used an AMD cpu and chipset board since 2000.
    The AMD thing is just a signature. Thanks for responding again. So you don't do much multi tasking? I mean, perhaps when you surf the web and run multiple applications, do you notice a strong drop in performance?
    Do you run an AMD 790FX chipset or higher end GIGABYTE motherboard and an AMD Phenom processor with G.Skill 1066 DDR2 RAM? If so I could really use your input, information and advice over here.

Comment

i have an X58 with a i7 920 processor so it is like i have 8 cpu cores; not much that i can see.

my biggest frustration is the 10 or 15 second pause where nothing responds!

Comment

Originally posted by ace-a-rue View Post
        i have an X58 with a i7 920 processor so it is like i have 8 cpu cores; not much that i can see.

my biggest frustration is the 10 or 15 second pause where nothing responds!
        My computer is 3 years old but it was the top of the line in processor and graphics (just AMD as opposide to Intel) but I'm guessing the pause comes from the SSD rather than other hardware. It concerns me as I multi task quite a large amount. It's definitely left this upgrade in the air.
        Do you run an AMD 790FX chipset or higher end GIGABYTE motherboard and an AMD Phenom processor with G.Skill 1066 DDR2 RAM? If so I could really use your input, information and advice over here.

Comment

Working...
        X