Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can't push my Ripjaws with XMP profile on PRO Z690-A DDR4

Good morning everyone,

yesterday I became the owner of a 12600K processor and a PRO Z690-A DDR4 board with F4-4000C16D-32GVKA memory. Yesterday I managed to set up memories with the XMP profile, but by accident I discovered that they do not work in Gear 1 mode, but only in Gear 2 in AUTO mode.

So I decided to set the Gear 1, but unfortunately the board won't started on this setting. I did some reading on the internet and decided to manually set them to the values:

BIOS OC:
    XMP - Disabled
    DRAM Reference Clock: 100
    DRAM Clock: Gear 1
    DRAM Frequency 4000 G1
    DRAM Voltage: 1.40
    BIOS OC > Advanced DRAM Configuration:
    tCL: 16
    tRCD: 16
    tRP: 16
    tRAS: 36

Unfortunately, also on these settings it is not possible to force the motherboard and the memory to cooperate.
    I realize my memories are not on the official compatibility list, but maybe there is some way to get them to work? My bios version is: 7D25v11

I will be grateful for any advice and suggestions

It is recommended to run them at DDR4-3600 with lower timings for now. Once BIOS can support higher, you can try XMP. Contact MSI to see if they may have beta version you can try for now.

https://www.gskill.com/configurator?...%C2%A74000MHz,

Comment

For the second day I am struggling with these RAM and I haven't been able to get them to work. I've tried many lower settings such as 3600/3400 mhz but every time Prime95 crashes. Only the standard bios settings (2133MHZ) work stably.

I did it on three versions:

7D25v11
      1.24U (beta)
      1.26 (beta with Improving the compatibility of memory module for Non-K CPU but I have 12600K).

Nothing works, nothing helps. The memories work stably only at 2133 MHZ.

Comment

What are the results of one module at a time? Do you have the memory in slots two and four away from the CPU? Test each stick in second slot to see if both have same results.

Comment

Thank you very much for the advice. Single RAM chips seem to work fine.

It looks like that with two and a single RAM there is no problem with the XMP profile working. However, Prime95 doesn't report issues with single chip, with two Prime95 reports a lot of errors. what could that mean? The motherboard can't handle two chips?? CPU and memory controller? Because I don't think the RAM is damaged.

Slots - A2 (second) and B2 (fourth).
          Last edited by Juwe; 01-29-2022, 07:54 AM.

Comment

Very strange, have you tried the other two slots? Report results to MSI to see if they have any information

Comment

Working...
            X