Issue with F4-3600C16D-32GVKC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Issue with F4-3600C16D-32GVKC

Hi, I'm having an issue with my Ripjaw V 32GB 3600MHz kit.

I can't get the RAM to run at 3600. I have an MSI MEG UNIFY board with a Ryzen 5000 series CPU (Listed on the QVL)

When I enable A-XMP which sets the speed to 3600 and timings to CL16-19-19-39 at 1.35v (as advertised) it does not post

To get back into the BIOS I have to rest CMOS (handy to have a reset button on the mobo). The highest speed I've been able to get them to run together is 3000MHz. Individually I can get one to run at 3200 and the other 3000.

Did I just get two bad RAM sticks?

Are you sure the modules are placed in the correct memory slots?

From the frequencies it sounds a lot like you are using the wrong ones. So double check that. You need to use A2 and B2, or slot two and four from the CPU socket.

If that is not it, I would recommend updating or downgrading the BIOS and testing different versions, since the memory support of some Zen3 releases was a bit sketchy/broken.
    Team HardwareLUXX | Show off your G.SKILL products!

Comment

Originally posted by emissary42 View Post
      Are you sure the modules are placed in the correct memory slots?

From the frequencies it sounds a lot like you are using the wrong ones. So double check that. You need to use A2 and B2, or slot two and four from the CPU socket.

If that is not it, I would recommend updating or downgrading the BIOS and testing different versions, since the memory support of some Zen3 releases was a bit sketchy/broken.
      Hi, sorry I meant to put that in the original post. I'm using A2 and B2 but when I was testing each stick individually i tested each of then in all 4 slots just to be sure.

I have since upgraded to the latest BIOS version (version 7C35vA86 beta) with the same issue

Comment

UPDATE

I've fixed it and it's now running at 3600MHz as it should

The issue was that the A-XMP profile said that it would set the RAM to run at 3600MHZ with 16-19-19-39 timings but it didn't show what voltage.
        So when I enabled the profile it didn't actually show the settings being changed so I couldn't make sure they were right. It's possible the frequency and timings were right but the voltage wasn't, I'm not really sure

I also realised that by default the timings were set to 15-18-18-35. So when I was manually changing the frequency, the timings were too low and it was so unstable that it wouldn't boot. Not that I have manually set the timings to what they should be, manually set the voltage to 1.35v and set the frequency to 3600 it seems to be working fine.

Comment

Originally posted by TrMark View Post
          UPDATE

I've fixed it and it's now running at 3600MHz as it should

The issue was that the A-XMP profile said that it would set the RAM to run at 3600MHZ with 16-19-19-39 timings but it didn't show what voltage.
          So when I enabled the profile it didn't actually show the settings being changed so I couldn't make sure they were right. It's possible the frequency and timings were right but the voltage wasn't, I'm not really sure

I also realised that by default the timings were set to 15-18-18-35. So when I was manually changing the frequency, the timings were too low and it was so unstable that it wouldn't boot. Not that I have manually set the timings to what they should be, manually set the voltage to 1.35v and set the frequency to 3600 it seems to be working fine.
          would you please share the full settings shown in the bios for manual setup? There are more beyond CL16-19-19-39 at 1.35v

Comment

Working...
          X