F4-3200C14D-16GFX BSOD at 3200 MHz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F4-3200C14D-16GFX BSOD at 3200 MHz

I recently replaced a Ryzen 5 1600 and Asus TUF B350M-Plus gaming for a Ryzen 5 3600 and Asrock B450M Steel Legend. I bought one year ago a G.Skill Flare X F4-3200C14D-16GFX, in both cases I can't set my RAMs to 3200 MHz, either XMP or manual timings by DRAM Calculator, I get random freezes or crashes and BSOD almost inmediately, while I'm on desktop, or while playing. I have all up to date, and I thought with a recent CPU that supports natively 3200 MHz would be fine. Temps are ok, all RAM sticks at stock settings passes the memtest86 without issues.

Please double check, if the modules are placed in the correct DIMM slots according to the recommendation in the motherboard manual, usually that is A2 and B2.

Even though it shouldn't really be necessary with a B450 motherboard and Zen2 processor, in some cases (motherboard issues mostly) it does help to not use the XMP and manually configure the memory settings instead.

If that does not work either, I would recommend testing both modules individually, to see if it is only an issue with one of them. That would indicate that a RMA might be necessary.
    Team HardwareLUXX | Show off your G.SKILL products!

Comment

Of course, I'm not novice with this. at least I know the basic.

Comment

Working...
      X