No announcement yet.

Compatibility issue with F4-3200C16S-8GVKB and Gigabyte B450 I AORUS PRO WIFI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Compatibility issue with F4-3200C16S-8GVKB and Gigabyte B450 I AORUS PRO WIFI

Hello,

I have 2 of these 8gb ram sticks, they worked fine for about a week on the Gigabyte B450 I AORUS PRO WIFI, but show a DRAM LED light now.

According to Gigabyte support, the ram stick is not compatible with this Motherboard. Is that true?

I am asking because F4-3200C16D-16GVKB is listed as supported as compatible here: https://download.gigabyte.com/FileLi...sse_190828.pdf

Isn't F4-3200C16S-8GVKB same as F4-3200C16D-16GVKB except for the Modules per kit: S = Single module kit (x1) D = Dual module kit (x2) ?

If it is not on their list they consider it 'not compatible', however, there are many models that have not tested that are compatible.

The memory is compatible because it was working in your system, but sounds like something has happened or gone bad. Have you tried one module at a time to see if both have the same result? It may be a bad memory module or motherboard; hopefully it can be determined through some troubleshooting.

Also, are you using the latest BIOS for the motherboard?

Comment

Yes, I tried one at a time, but that didn't work.

Gigabyte helped me update the BIOS, this didn't help either.

Comment

Working...
      X