Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G.Skill ram detected as KLEVV on Asus motherboard

Hi everyone!

I have a set of two 8GB ram modules (F4-3000C16-8GISB). One of them is detected as KLEVV IM48GU88N24-FFFHA0 by my Asus Prime B450M-A motherboard (latest BIOS). One of the consequences of this is that this module won't clock past 2400Mhz because it has a different XMP profile than it should have. I doesn't matter if I swap both modules into different slots, or use just a single module, this specific one is always detected as ram from KLEVV.

The other module that is detected correctly works just fine and also clocks to 3000MHz, which makes it seem unlikely that it's a compatibility problem. I have a Ryzen 5 2600X cpu, in case that is useful information.

Would you think the ram module is just broken and I should rma it, or could there be another cause?

Thanks in advance for any info!

Where did you buy them?

Do the two modules look exactly the same or are there any visible differences, for example PCB type and markings?
    Team HardwareLUXX | Show off your G.SKILL products!

Comment

Thank you for your reply

I bought them at this webshop: https://www.hardwarewebwinkel.nl/

They look identical, I cannot find any differences between the PCB's. They also have consecutive serial numbers, so it does not make sense to me at all.

Comment

Exchange with vendor as they should send you a proper kit.

Comment

Will do, thank you!

Comment

Working...
          X