ROG crosshair V formula + 2x8 gig ares

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ROG crosshair V formula + 2x8 gig ares

Hello, was wondering if anyone can help me.
    I have a crossfire V formula with a 8150 AMD and 16 gigs (2x8) of ares f3-1333c9d-16gao with win 7 pro x64.
    Lately, (just built this comp), BF3 was crashing constantly. Ran event viewer and found the 1001 app crash error, checked with MS and was asked to check my memory. Ran memtest86+ 2 passes no errors. Then checked my timings on my motherboard, 4-5-5-15.
    I was surprised to see that since the memory was suppose to be 9-9-9-24. I haven't over clocked anything. My motherboard says its running at 1333. I dropped it to 1066 and don't have the app crashes anymore. I read about the problems with AMD memory controller and wonder if this is one of the issues. If not, anyone know how I can get my memory back to 1333 with out the crashes ( I never OC anything, no idea how to change the timings).
    Thanks for reading.
    Dave

Your set should run fine with your motherboards and CPU, set memory speed to 1333, your main timings to 9-9-9-2, Command Timing to 2N and DRAM Voltage to 1.55, may need to raise the CPU/NB Voltage to 1.2 or a little higher

Comment

Reinstall DRAM and Clear CMOS or go in the BIOS click "F5" load Default, go check DRAM timing is 9-9-9-24 then Save and reboot.

Comment

thx

thanks for the help I'll try it
        Dave

Comment

Let us know how it goes

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
          X