No announcement yet.

F3-2400C10Q-16GTX + ASUS Rampage 4 Extreme

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which slots do you have them installed in? Did you test one at a time to see if they all pass with XMP?

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

For some reason I didn't get the normal emails from the forum so I didn't notice there was any replies here. I have not tried each stick individually but i am using the red ram slots which is what the manual recommends.

I might have time tomorrow to test the sticks one at a time but I do feel that is a lot of work for RAM that is sold in a kit and supposedly guaranteed to work at the rated speeds.
      I have to remove my water cooling just to access 2 of my 4 ram slots so it is not a simple quick test to try each stick individually. This is the second time I have bought Gskill and it hasn't worked to spec and I have to admit I am quite frustrated.

Comment

If you would keep us updated, can't really offer much of anything at the moment other than I know many CPUs and especially many mobos just have trouble hitting 2400, I worked for over a week on a couple on Mobos with a 3570K and the BIOS just wasn't ready, and on a few other builds with same problem, the mobo and it's BIOS as is not up to it, on my two mobos, a Z77 and a P67 that I got the 16 and 32GB sets to run, had to completely set up all the advanced timings by hand (and to some degree hit or miss), before i could get them to run stable. Don't think any of the mobo makers really believed that people would jump into 16/32/64 GB sets at these high freqs, they were probably looking at 4 and 8GB sets primarily for gamers, but many of us non-gamers, yet high power users also want the fast sticks

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

So i just thought i'd give an update. I am totally frustrated and upset with everything that has come of this purchase so i don't mean to offend anyone but I need to vent and hopefully others with find this thread and find it useful when they decide to make their decisions.

I attempted to return the RAM i purchased back to the store I bought it from. (dunno if I'm allowed to give the name in this forum, but they are a large E-tailer based out of Vancouver B.C.) They said because the memory wasn't defective i would have to pay a 10 or 15% restocking fee. i cant remember the amount but i have to say i am completely pissed off that everyone including the retailer is brushing this off as "Not our fault so the customer should just have to deal with it"... not only have I had no luck with all of this expensive hardware functioning properly. I can't even return it to buy something that does work properly without paying the company i bought it from.

Needless to say i am still stuck with this ram and I will be a lot less likely to buy anything from my previous favorite online retailer. This is basically the exact same issues i experienced with my Gskill memory and my Crosshair V motherboard i just upgraded from which was an MSI 770-G45 before that. That memory never did run at full speed with my phenom 905e or my 1055t. I gave up on it thinking if I spent good money on high end ram instead of budget entry stuff I should have a lot better luck. This problem was all described HERE

I am still running a crippled system performing below the specifications I payed good money for. I'm by no means rich or high class. I had to save a good amount of time for this purchase. When I pay for a more expensive product I expect it to be higher quality and hopefully better performing. For what I payed i could have a lower speed 32 gig memory kit.

I may be overreacting however as i said I just want to share my story so others can take it as a personal experience and my 2 cents.

Good luck to my fellow enthusiasts...

Comment

As I mentioned with many mobos out there, it takes a lot of work, and on yours, believe 2400 is the max they are rated for....also not all 3930Ks can get to 2400, and those that do often take a lot of patience. It's also obvious that Asus is having problems with it also, after a BIOS update in June followed by 2 (both released the same day in July (on the 30th) and another just 4 days ago, all centered on system stability, have you tried the new BIOS(s)? any? all?

I can understand wanting to vent, but before jumping on the DRAM, which tested out OK, give thought to the mobo and the troubles they have had with it (in fact give thought to they advertised this as up to 2400 sticks before any were even on the market), also the only testing they did on this mobo with 2400 sticks (later) was done at 1600 - not 2400, which is a major gripe of my and QVLs (see my info thread:

http://www.gskill.us/forum/showthread.php?t=10566

On the AMD system, I'm sort of surprised you had 1600 sticks running as well as you did, normally suggest at least a 965 Rev C min for 1600, with a 1055T you shouldn't have had a problem, though I didn't see it mentioned in the thread you referenced.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Everyone purchasing a brand of RAM that starts with "C" is having no issues getting their ram to work at 2400mhz with 3930k CPUs.
              This review here is a good example of the problems people like myself are having with this ram.
              http://www.atomicmpc.com.au/Review/3...ast-grade.aspx

I just upgraded tonight to the new bios format and release 2105 and tested again on the XMP profiles and still no go even with adding voltage to everything that relates to the ram.

The AMD system I had was a REV C chip. And the thuban 1055t wasn't able to run the RAM higher than 1550mhz with 1.69v on either a 790FX-GD70 and the Crosshair V. I dont really care about those systems anymore as sold the system running the ram at 1333 just so it was stable.

Again, I'm not trying to offend anyone, just informing those interested.

Comment

Have you tried with VCCSA at 1.25 - that's needed for the 2400 RipJaws Z set, F3-19200CL9Q-16GBZMD that is rated for your mobo, it also suggest putting RAmpage Tweak in mode 1

Tman

Comment

Yes I have tried both of these settings. i even tried loosening the timings and it still wont boot.

Comment

Might go to advanced and try

tWR 16
                    tRFC 300
                    tRRD 7
                    tWTR 9
                    tRTP 9
                    tFAW 25
                    tWCL 7

If no joy there, then I'm lost...wish I could get my hands on it

Tman

Comment

Working...
                    X