• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 64 GB Kit RipJaws (F3-12800CL10Q2-64GBZ) in an ASUS P9X79

RipJaws (F3-12800CL10Q2-64GBZ)
    ASUS P9X79 DELUXE - BIOS 1203
    i7 3930K

My previous thread got hijacked - (they got help - I still have a problem).

Currently I have the ram timings set correctly. the dram voltage at 1.55 , the VCCSA at 1.200 and VCORE set to 1.200.

What other settings are necessary for a stable system?

Thank you.

Sorry lost you on the other thread, haven't been out here in the forum as often as I'd like, on the other thread just offered this:

Have you tried VCCSA 1.25 and CPU VTT 1.2, then stock timings 2T and stock DRAM voltage

will try and review your original thread and dig out my notes on your mobo see if I've used that set, think so, but not positive at the moment, had a guy on the Home repair business side move to CA and am covering the jobs he was scheduled for so it's been 4:30AM to between 5-6PM then more systems work in the evenings

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

I have now upped the VCCSA to 1.250

On my BIOS there is a setting called VTTCPU Voltage. I have never changed it from auto.
      When I change it higher than 1.1 the color changes to yellow - higher than 1.15 ithe color changes to red. Is this the setting that you want at 1.2?
      Leaving it @ 1.15 for the moment.
      Thanks

Comment

1.1 to 1.5 is fine for testing, I normally hop to about 1.2 and work my way down, let's see how the 1.15 does with the additional VCCSA

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Thanks Tman - will give it a workout tomorrow & see it it's better.

Comment

Let me know, I'll be in and out sporatically

Tman

Comment

System locked up - upped the VTTCPU voltage to 1.20 and still no stability. It continues to lock up whith VTTCPU set to 1.20

What to try next?

Thanks
              Last edited by cdub; 07-13-2012, 03:01 PM. Reason: details

Comment

Tradesman - any advice to carry me into the weekend for further testing is appreciated!

Comment

Could you post your BIOS settings DRAM timings (basic and advanced) and system voltages, might give me an idea or two.....and I'll be in off and on all weekend, though Sat will be early AM and then later in the afternoon, going to buzz up to Phoenix and hit Fry's Electronics, Cabela's and Bass Pro Shops.

Tman

Comment

Tman,
                    Turn of events. I reset the bios via MB button. Did not use the XMP. Manually set the first timings only. Might have found stability. Will post back.
                    Thanks

Comment

Sounds good will be looking for an update

Tman

Comment

Here are my voltage settings (manually set)

CPU VCORE Voltage 1.185
                        CPU VCCSA Voltage 1.200
                        DRAM Voltage 1.550
                        VTTCPU Voltage 1.18750

Primary Timings (manually set)

Secondary Timings - (All "Auto" set)
                        DRAM RAS# to RAS# Delay 5
                        DRAM REF Cycle Time 208
                        DRAM WRITE Recovery Time 12
                        DRAM READ to PRE Time 6
                        DRAM FOUR ACT WIN Time 24
                        DRAM to READ Delay 6
                        DRAM Write Latency 8

Much better but will still lock. Where do I go from here?

Comment

Might try DRAM Ref Cylcle Time higher (maybe 255 or so), I sent an email to try and get what should be a close set of advanced timings for the combo, am awaiting an answer

Tman

Comment

Thanks tradesman - will bump that up to see if it makes a difference.

EDIT: Bumped it to 255. No perceivable difference. Still got it to lock.
                            Last edited by cdub; 07-15-2012, 02:54 PM.

Comment

Will see if I can get the GSkill folks to take a look, will prob be Mon PM or so

Tman

Comment

Working...
                              X