• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP with RipJaws (F3-12800CL10Q2-64GBZ) in an ASUS P9X79

RipJaws (F3-12800CL10Q2-64GBZ)
    ASUS P9X79 DELUXE - BIOS 1203
    i7 3930K

Hello - First post here. I will be thrilled if I could get my new setup stable for just normal use.

Problems so far have always been a solid "lockup" / "Freeze" of the OS.
    I have set the bios to use the X.M.P. which helped alot. Also, manually set the VCCSA from Offset Mode to Manual & have it @ 1.2V. Still the OS will lock during normal usage. More pronounced since VMWare V8 got installed.

Any and all comment is appreciated!
    Thanks

OK this is sort of messed up - I keep trying to go by other settings I have found here on the forum - getting confused now. Have been messing with this for a week - I know I should have registered and posted sooner. On my motherboard the XMP setting makes 64GB almost usable but still locks up.
    So I see one suggestion is to manually adjust the ram timing but when I look under AI Tweaker\DRAM Timing Control\ The timings are at 9 9 9 24 2.
    Is this really what they are? The XPM profile shows they are 10 10 10 30 -2N-1.5v. Maybe the "Auto" Turbo is chnging these on the fly? I am not trying to overclock - just need to use this computer without lockup.

Another thread has settings but they are for a different board and I was trying to make sense out of those to no avail.

Comment

Do you have the latest BIOS, and have you enabled XMP or are you running the sticks under AUTO

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Hi thanks for the reply. Yes started with the latest BIOS. Currently using XMP setting. VCCSA @ 1.2

Comment

Your BIOS isn't setting things right if the timings under XMP are showing 9-9-9-24, sounds more like the AUTO setting for the mobo - if XMP is enabled and still showing 9-9-9, need to change to 10-10-10-30, 2T and may want to kick DRAM voltage to 1.55

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

That was my question. If you look back, I am describing two separate areas within my bios that were confusing. I have that figured out now. My timings are set correctly.

The DRAM Voltage was auto-set to 1.5v - adjusting it to 1.6 does not seem to help.

Please note - this bios has about 5 ram-related-sounding settings for voltage. There are also settings for current.

It is very confusing what settings exactly I should be trying to adjust - further assistance is needed.

Any and all comment is appreciated!
            Thanks

Comment

VCCSA to 1.25 if that doesn't do it, can you post your advance timings, they be be off also

Tman

Comment

Dear all!
                I have the same 64Gb kit, with same p9x79 pro mobo.after I installed my new kit,windows task manager show 60Gb from 64 only.would you tell me which settings I have to check in BIOS?I have a fresh bios update.thanks in advance.

Comment

Sounds like one stick isn't fully seated

Tman

Comment

I checked the connection, and it looks each stick seated well.but my bios show d2 stick status is abnormal.
                    than I changed d1 and d2 stick and now bios show d1 is abnormal(dram error).so dou you have ay idea?
                    thanks

Comment

Sounds like a bad stick, if within time frame, may want to exchange the set, else RMA

Tman

Comment

Yes stil in time frame, I bought a week ago.I have to send back the whole kit, or just a bad stick?
                        What do you think I can send back the kit later ? I mean a few weeks later? Because now I can use 60Gb, and now I dont want to do without the the whole memory kit.Maybe a months later I can make a braek for weeks while the replacement procedure will take place.

Comment

That will will depend on your e/re-tailer or you can contact GSkill via RMA and see what you can work out with them

Tman

Comment

This GSKILL 64GB RAM kit simply isn't working for me

This was quite a chunk of money - the bad reviews on NewEgg have manufacturer reps replying, stating that it can be made to work. Do I have to give a 1 Egg rating to make this ram work?

Does no one have base settings for this mobo / ram kit? Is there a more popular kit I can buy that is proven to work with KNOWN SETTINGS?

I realize that this can vary slightly from setup to setup even with the same hardware but it seems like there should be a known starting point.

Comment

Have you tried VCCSA 1.25 and CPU VTT 1.2, then stock timings 2T and stock DRAM voltage

Tman

Comment

Working...
                              X