Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

g skill F3-12800CL9Q2-32GBZL i dont want to use xmp ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• g skill F3-12800CL9Q2-32GBZL i dont want to use xmp ?

im just about to buy 8 sticks of F3-12800CL9Q2-32GBZL and iv had loads of ram problems in the past with g skill and amd cpu,s but now i have a new motherboard and cpu a intel core i7 3820 and a asus raspage iv extreme. i want to overclock the cpu with the cpu overclock programs that come with the motherboard. but it says that if i turn it onto xmp mode it will auto optimize the blck and ram and cpu meaning that the overclock programs wont work can i just manualy change the voltages and timeings or can i just leave them as they are / the voltages and timing i realy dont want to use xmp unless im told i need to for it to run properly like when i play battlefield 3 i dont want my pc to crash any help please. cheers
    cpu : intel core i7 3820
    motherboard : asus rampage iv extreme
    ram : g skill ripjaws 32gb
    cooler : corsair h100
    gpu : ati gigabyte radeon 2gb 6970
    psu : novatech 1000w gold series
    case : thermatake chaser mk1
    hdd 1 : seagate baracoda 500gb
    hdd 2 : corsair force 3 serise 120gb
    fan controller : nzxt sentry 2
    sound card : asus xonar xense

XMP should set things to the minimum needed settings for the DRAM to run at rated specs, you can always OC higher....or as an option, what many do is set XMP and see what all the BIOS settings are under XMP, then turn XMP off and set up the sticks manually as well as your OC

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
    X