Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for fast 16gb kit for Asus Rampage IV and Intel 3930k

Hi guys,

Looking to get a good 16gb quad channel XMP certified kit for my Rampage IV. There are so many quad channel kits and so many different speeds that I'm having trouble choosing a kit. I'm not too concerned with price, just wan't something that will work on this board and has been tested by someone. I know the Rampage can be picky with ram and I was recommended to get some Gskill.

Here is a link to the quad channel kits at NCIX. Please tell me which one I should buy (price doesn't matter) also I've been reading that it's better to get low latency then faster speed, also people say that I should stick with 1.5v for Sandybridge-e while others say to go with 1.65 as it doesn't matter.

http://ncix.com/products/index.php?m...inorcatid=1413
    Just scroll down to the Gskill section.

This one caught my eye:
    G.SKILL F3-12800CL9Q-16GBZL Ripjawsz 16GB 4X4GB DDR3-1600 CL9-9-9-24 Sandy Bridge E 1.5V Memory Kit for only 106. Seems designed for sandy bridge and really good timings

VS.

G.SKILL F3-2400C10Q-16GZH Ripjaws Z 16GB 4X4GB DDR3-2400 CL10 240PIN 1.5V Quad Channel Memory Kit NOT sure if this one will work at the advertised speed on my setup and the timings are slower its about 220.00

This is the extreme difference, but again price isn't a big deal.

Maybe I'm just overthinking this ram thing.

Thanks guys.

I'd sort of split the diff with you and go either 1866 or 2133 , the socket 2011 you have is the basis for the Ripjaws Z so I'd look at the 2133/CL9 Zs F3-17000CL9Q-16GBZH:

http://ncix.com/products/?sku=66138&...acture=G.Skill

or the 1866/CL9

F3-14900CL9Q-16GBZL

Both have better timings and run well, have run the 2133 set at 2400/CL10 on both Ivy and Sandy

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions.

Someone also mentioned I should get these http://www.ncix.com/products/?sku=65761
      Mushkin Redline. I know this is a gskill forum but the set you mentioned looks similar to the Mushkin. Any reason that the Gskill will be better?

I guess running at 1.65 is OK then? vs 1.5?

Comment

Voltage difference is minor, as the one set you mention is 1600/1.5, most of the GSkill 2133/CL9 sets are 1.6 or 1.65 also....as far as differences, over the years I've used all the different brands at one time or other, and settled on GSkill as most reliable out of the package and much more versatile (as a brand) than any of the others. Just about every set I've ever had OC quite well, Allow for an underclock and can generally really tighten down on the timings....having a lifetime guarantee is also great, I know in the states, turn around time is fantastic compared to others (you generally have returns back to you within a week or less of them getting the bad/questionable item (if they have them in stock, which they generally do)

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
        X