Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Having trouble with RAM, F3-12800cl9d-4GBNQ

Hi, I just bought two sticks of DDr3-1600 Pc3-12800 2048x2

I currently already have 2 of the same RAM sticks in my PC I bought 2 more so that I would have 8GB's of RAM, now before I didn't have any problems with my PC. till I added the two Memory sticks.

If all 4 sticks are added after about 6-10 hours I get a BLUE SCREEN, now I have tried moving the sticks around and that doesn't work. However I can run 3 sticks of ram which is 6GB no problem, but it's when I add the fourth stick it gives me the Blue screen of death after a few hours . I have tested all the sticks out so from what I can tell it's not the sticks, I have run mem-test on them and played games, left the PC for over 24 hours etc etc no blue screen.Basically nothing bad happens till a 4th stick is added.

Motherboard=Gigabyte S-Series P45T-ES3G
    Processor=Intel core 2 duo E8400 3.00ghz 6mb cache
    Power Supply=850W

Would love to know how to fix this.

Try raising the DRAM voltage .05 and possibly the NB (Memory Controller) Voltage + .05, any time you mix sets (even of the same model) it can be problematic, generally with 1600 and below minor voltage changes as I've suggested here will stabilize the sticks

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Ok, so small problem I can't set my Voltage to.05

now by default it's set at 1.500V

On my DRAM Voltage i can set it too,
      auto,normal, 1.500V 1.600V 1.700V etc etc etc to 2.200V if you get the picture.

So for now I have set it to 1.6V and will see how that works.

as for the "Memory Controller" i didn't see that or maybe I skipped it.. but I gave it a good look over.

but I'll see how it goes and if 1.6V is a bad idea please let me know lol. or if i did something wrong.

Comment

1.6 is fine NB or North Bridge is the MC (Memory Controller) voltage

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Ran for about 8 hours then got a blue screen.

I'm not seeing anything in my BIOS about "NB or North Bridge is the MC (Memory Controller)"

only things that list memory in the BIOS is System Memory multiplier (CSPD)
          and the Extreme memory profile (X.M.P)

So for now I have removed the 4th stick, and set it back to 1.5V.

also a few hours before the blue screen. the PC just up and put it self on restart..which was odd.

Comment

You must manually set memory to DDR3-1333 8-8-8-24 1.50V and that should be fine.

Thank you
            GSKILL TECH

Comment

IN your BIOS it's MCH Core Voltage instead of being listed as NB

Tman

Comment

I'll give it a shot see how it goes.

Comment

It's all set to 1333, well it was already set to that because I had to do that a few months ago.

Now for my MCH Core it's set to 1.100v right now. by default.

now to change it, The highest I can set it to is 1.400v which is the highest it can go.

should I change it to 1.400v or 1.300v,1.200V?

Comment

Start at 1.2, then give 1.3 a try if need be - if you go there and still no joy, post your BIOS settings and I'll see if I can find anything that looks off

Tman

Comment

Ok i'll try that and let you know. thanks.

Comment

I'll be in and out tonight and over the weekend, going to be in the shop a fair bit

Tman

Comment

ya.. no joy., when I put the MCH to 1.3v PC freezes after about 2 mins. an 1.2 didn't do anything but after 15 hours got a blue screen.

Comment

All right how about 1.2 and another + .05 to the DRAM

Tman

Comment

I'll have to post BIOS it seems.

Comment

Working...
                              X