F3-1600C10D-16GSQ & Alienware M17x R3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-1600C10D-16GSQ & Alienware M17x R3

Does anyone know if these are compatible? Not much on the net about them, so I thought I'd ask here...

Thanks!

The specs shown here:

http://www.notebookreview.com/defaul...enware+m17x+r3

indicate 4x4GB to get 16GB, the set you are looking at is 2x8GB, think you'll want 4x4GB

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Max RAM

Tradesman,
      They R3 can be ordered with up to 32GB of RAM. Mine came with 8GB (4x2GB config), and I wanted to go up to 16 now, with another 16 possibly later on. Does the i7-2760QM require quad-channel? I thought that I could start with the 2x8GB now..

Hope that helps. I was surprised that there were no reviews on the egg, so I'm guessing its a new product. Thought there might be a few on here that have used it..

Comment

Might check w/ the manufacturer, I don't really work w/ laptops and just saw what I pulled up spec wise, and laptops can be tricky w/ DRAM, which makes it hard since most don't really allow for adjusting timings and voltages. I'll drop a line to GSkill, they may have some data on your laptop

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

That memory should work fine.

Thank you
          GSKILL TECH

Comment

Great

Thanks for letting me know!

Comment

Let us know how it goes

Tman

Comment

Working...
              X