DDR3 2400 ASRock compatability

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DDR3 2400 ASRock compatability

I am currently running DDR3 1600 [ RipjawsZ ] F3-12800CL10Q2-64GBZL (8Gx8)
    on my ASRock X79 Estreme9 MB and can over clock up to 4.6 GHz just fine.
    Question is will I be able to run DDR3 2400 [ RipjawsZ ] F3-19200CL10Q2-64GBZHD (8Gx8)
    and still overclock possible to 5GHz?

That, my friend is a good question, technically I'd say Yes, and I know ASRock is working on their mobo's BIOS's (I've been working with them on the P67 and Z77 with 4x8GB sets up through 2400. Might want to contact them and see if they can tell you where they are at with that particular set, if not at this moment, am sure they are/will be working on it, and if needed could go with them and try running 2133/2200 or thereabouts until the BIOS is up to snuff

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

My local computer store is NCIX and they can only order the
      [ RipjawsZ ] F3-19200CL10Q-32GBZHD (8Gx4) so can I order 2 of these kitsto equal 64GB
      Also if ASRock is working on a new BIOS would the [ TridentX ] F3-2666C11Q-32GTXD possibly work?
      I know you suggested I contact ASRock tech support but would like your thoughts.

Comment

First, and keep in mind I'm not GSkill - not an employee, I'd say Nay on the 2 32GB sets, any time you mix sets it can be problematic, even with the same model, not to mention XMP won't work, so you'll have to set all the timings manually. If it were 1333 or possibly even 1600 sets, I'd say give it a try, lower freqs can generally be easily made to play together with minor voltage adjustments. I'd want a full, single set that's tested to work together and if you haven't ever tried to find and set all the DRAM advanced timings, you DON'T want to. If you got a 2666/64GB set it could run a tight 2400, but again would need to check with ASRock to see if they plan to raise the DRAM numbers to 2666 from 2400 and would need to give thought to the additional heat you would run into
        Last edited by Tradesman; 05-27-2012, 10:14 PM.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

I was once confused by the same question. Thanks to Administrator T, the answer to that is very clear now. Your help is very appreciate, thank you!

Comment

Thanks for your input, I am weighting for a response form ASRock regarding a bios update. Will post the answer when they get back to me. thanks again "Tradesman"

Comment

No problem , we'll be waiting to hear

Tman

Comment

Heard back from ASRock tech which recommended BIOS update 2.0. did that, but didn't work.
                Next step was entering the DDR3 timing manually 10-12-12-31 2N did that, still not working.
                Boots fine as DDR3 1600.
                Are there any other timing numbers that I can enter?

Comment

Post pictures of BIOS with your best settings, let us see if anything is incorrect.

The rated specifications will be difficult, 64GB @ DDR3-2400 requires a perfect compatible motherboard like the one on our QML.

Thank you
                  GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
                  X