X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BIOSTAR A880G+ 2x4Gb F3-10666CL9D

Motherboard: BIOSTAR A880G+
    Memory: 2x4Gb Ripjaws F3-10666CL9D

I put them in after getting them and they seemed to work fine for about a day.. Then i got my first BSOD, I checked in BIOS and it's set to 1.5v 1333mhz. At this point its BSOD every few minutes, untill I go to turn my computer on and.. system starts up but there is nothing on the screen and the fan just sort of revs. Nothing at all happens, I can't get into BIOS or anything.

What's wrong? I'm trying to avoid doing an RMA

My old G.Skills work just fine. :\

Couple of things to try, first would be to go to the old sticks, since they work OK and make sure you have the latest BIOS, 88PCP921.BSS, 9/21/11 (can be found here for the ver.6 (else need to find for your ver):

http://www.biostar.com.tw/app/en/mb/...n.php?S_ID=492

If BIOS not current, update it then try again. If Bios is current, with the old sticks in set the timings/freq for the new sticks, set DRAM voltage to 1.55 and raise the current CPU/NB voltage by + .12 and give that a try. If still problems, post up your current BIOS settings.

Your mobo is rated for 800, 1066 or 1333, so it prob needs a decent OC to run 1333....also let us know what CPU you are using

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

I'm going to update my BIOS, i can only up the DRAM voltage by .10. I will check for the CPU/NB voltage, and the CPU I'm using is AMD Athlon II X3 455 Rana 3.3GHz with the 4th core unlocked.

trying what you suggested now.

Comment

OK, let me know, I'll be in and out over the weekend

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Tried as recommended, couldn't make it work.

What i see is bios (Updated)
          CPU VCore: StartUp : goes by up .05
          CpuNB Over Voltage :StartUp : goes up by .05
          Chipset Over Voltage : 1.23 : goes up by .004
          HT Over Voltage : 1.22 : goes up by .005
          Memory Over Voltage : 1.5 : goes up by .10

Tried on stick and it worked, one old one new..worked. Tried the one other new stick by itself, Wont boot up and fan just revs.

Comment

What are the BIOS system settings, will want CPU Host/BUS Freq about 200, CPU/NB freq about 2000 DRAM Freq 1333 with the above voltages

Tman

Comment

don't see any CPU/NB frequency, all else is correct it seems. still the same result though, which was one Ripjaw boots system up, but the other does not.

Comment

The one stick may be bad, do you have another rig you could try it in or know someone where you could pop it in for a few minutes to check it?

Tman

Comment

Sorry to say, I do not. Well darn.

Comment

If the one will boot but the other doesn't (when tried in the same slot) then guessing it's more than likely bad, would check w/ your re/e-tailer and see about an exchange

Tman

Comment

so I would more than likely have to send bot back since bit as a set huh? sigh

Thank you for your help, much appreciated.

Comment

Sorry bout that but yes, more than likely would have to exchange the set

Tman

Comment

Working...
                        X