Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gigabyte ga-890gpa-ud3h + f3-12800cl7-2gbeco

Dear G.Skill Support Team,

first I want to thank your for running this awesome forum.
    But even after searching I couldn't solve my problem.

My System:
    GIGABYTE GA-890GPA-UD3H rev 2.0
    F3-12800CL7-2GBECO
    AMD Phenom II X6 1055T
    Scythe Mugen 2
    Powercolor HD 5850

All in all my System runs fine when I'm not playing games but I sometimes have some serious issues when playing and I believe your memory could be the root of all evil

Maybe I'm all wrong but nonetheless it is worth a try.

When playing I sometimes get the the error Message ?Display driver stopped responding and has successfully recovered?

I tried almost all of the possible fixes that this site http://support.amd.com/de/kbarticles...rmessages.aspx suggests without any success so far. But the last point states I should contact memory and / or motherboard manufacturer for more comprehensive troubleshooting instructions.

So here I am asking you for help.

After inspecting my system I realized that my memory runs at only 667 MHz or not?(Second Screenshot) additionaly I think the timings are completely wrong because it is CL7 memory but runs at 9-9-9-24

Could you tell me how to configure the memory that my systems runs fine? I have some Screenshots of my BIOS

http://imgur.com/a/PlHbq

I will be grateful for any help you can provide.

Will want to go in and manually set the freq to 1600, base timings to spec 7-8-7-24 2T, Dram voltage 1.35 to 1.4, and prob raise CPU/NB voltage .04 which might work. Since the AMDs have weak MCs (memory controllers) it may have problems with the tight CL7, so could also try 8-8-8-24 with the same CPU/NB jump

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Thank you so far.
      But as this is the first time for me fooling around with clockings I don't want to break something.

Setting the freq to 1600 was easy by just rasing the multiplier from x6.66 to x8.00

For the DRAM voltage, I can only change to 1.350 or 1.425

I'm not really sure where I should change the CPU/NB voltage

should I change "NB Voltage Control" or "CPU NB Vid Control" or just "CPU Voltage Control"?
      Or should I change all three of them?

If you meant the "CPU NB Vid Control" I can only raise it by 0.025V or 0.050V don't have the option for 0.040V

setting the timings was successful

Comment

Try at 1.425 on DRAM, NB voltage control should be for the MC (Memory controller) (might also try the NB VID up .025 for the moment)

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
        X