Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GA-G41M-Combo memory

Greetings:

I have a GA-G41M-combo MB and would like to get 8GB of memory for it. Keeping in mind that I will get a new board later this year that can handle faster memory than the GA board, which memory would you recommend to be used on the GA board now and have the best performance for the upgrade board later?

You need this:

G.Skill F3-10666CL9D-8GBRL

What CPU do you plan to use? It needs to be CPU FSB 1333MHz or else you need G.Skill F3-8500CL7D-8GBRL

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

Cpu

I am leaning towards a Intel Core i5-2500K. Haven't decided on the board yet, but had good history with Gigabyte. Would like to overclock the CPU to 4Ghz.

Comment

Can the DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) be used with the current GA-G41M board by running the memory slower per bios? If not, is there a noticeable difference running CS3 and Max 3DS on G.Skill F3-10666CL9D vs DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)?

Comment

Yes, should be able to run the 1600 sticks at 1333 with tighter timings via the BIOS. For the new rig, if you go 2500K 4 GHz is a cake walk, most I've built the folks are running them at 4.4 -4.8 GHz

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Thanks for the info. Anyone have any good MB recommendations for the i5-2500k?

Comment

What is the difference between the G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL and the DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL?

Comment

The first set the RL is the original Ripjaws while the XL (Ripjaws X) was designed for 2nd Gen CPUs (SB) like the 2500K and 1155 chipsets H67/P67/Z68. Biggest diff between the P67 and Z68 is most Z68s support on board video and using a small SSD for cache (which personally, I don't care for, writes are the bane of SSDs and shorten their life, and what is a cache? lots of writes. I'd also look to Asus, Gigabyte or ASRock,

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Thank you T-man

Comment

Not a problem (that's the kind of questions I love the easy ones

Tman

Comment

All right, I found a good price on this: G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL.

Just to be sure, before ordering, will this work on my Gigabyte GA-G41M-combo board? Thanks.

Comment

Should be fine at 1333 w/ 8-8-8-24 timings

Tman

Comment

Working...
                        X