No announcement yet.

Problem G.skill 16000CL6T

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

just odd with the timing, voltages seem ok and stable no chance to try them on another MB unfortunately or i would have already anyway its not even 5 seconds prime or linx/ibt stable but it seems stable for everything else, for now at 4.3ghz and 2009mhz ram 1.325v cpu and 1.35v ram so it could be worse!

Comment

Odd....I'll drop Gskill the note in the morning, have another for him to look at also on Fri

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

yeah, no matter what i do, loosening timings or raising voltages it doesnt help even a bit on prime and linx/ibt stability its almost exactly 5 seconds before it hard locks, 2 times it has only rebooted. i have really no idea hope the techie does!

Comment

We'll see, he's generally got some ideas or tricks

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

hmm, maybe these sticks might need some higher uncore? im not sure if that would help with stability or should it be stable no matter what? not sure how far i can push it with gulftown and 1.5x

Comment

no luck with that, still hard locks

Comment

ive settled with this for now

but in prime95, linx or itb stock or this OC...only 5 seconds before hard lock

Comment

voltages are 1.65 dimm, 1.4 vtt, 1.375 vcore which should be fine

Comment

Alright! I fixed it! I took the whole machine apart, tightened everything, checked for dust or anything in all slots (tho i actually did this when i had the problems so i have no idea what it was) , new tim, reseated cpu, cleaned every connector and its rock stable again! 4,7ghz with full 2000mhz ram and 6-9-6-24! I have absolutely no idea what caused it since i only touched the memory sticks when i removed and installed but at least its working now

Thanks anyway for your help tho!

Comment

i was also able to lower vcore to 1.35v and QPI to 1.4 again with these speeds so im really happy with g.skill now that its working!

Comment

Sorry I am late, but glad to hear you figured it out.

Tricky problems sometimes with computers

Thank you
                        GSKILL TECH

Comment

Thats ok, thanks anyways! i posted everything here so maybe it can help someone else with similar problems!

Comment

Hopefully people can learn that it does not hurt to reinstall and double check.

Some times people don't believe me, they say they are 20 year computer expert so no way they install incorrectly. What can I do?

In the end we all human and we just want our computer to work, so it never hurts to try.

Lessons to be learned

Thank you
                            GSKILL TECH

Comment

it was a correct install so i dont know what actually caused it, no other components were touched either maybe just a strategically placed particle of dust

Comment

Dust is possible, also may even have been one of the standoffs was a hair loose and vibration caused it to be off (almost like a short), have even seen problems with CPU heatsinks that are too tight

Tman

Comment

Working...
                                X