• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 32 Gb kits for Asus P8Z77-V PRO

Planned build:

Asus P8Z77 V PRO mobo
    i7 3770K Processor
    No OC planned

What are compatible G.Skill 32Gb kit sticks?
    Nothing in the Configurator.

Thanks,

bsteff

Think I'd go with the Ripjaws X in either 1600 or 1866 - F3-12800CL10Q-32GBXL, F3-1600C9Q-32GXM, F3-1866C10Q-32GXL....

Here's a link to their 32GB 4x8GB sets

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...4%20x%208GB%29

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Basically any 32GB kit will be compatible with that hardware combo. We have tested almost every kit with that motherboard and CPU. You will find it very easy to achieve extreme performance.

Thank you
      GSKILL TECH

Comment

Ares with P8Z77-V PRO

I am putting together a similar build. The ASUS P8Z77-V PRO with a i7-3770K. Will the Ares 8GB (2 x 4GB) F3-1866C9D-8GAB work with this board?

Comment

Yes, no problem at all.

Thank you
          GSKILL TECH

Comment

Mistake By Me?

I should have known better. I went ahead and ordered the Corsair Vengeance 32GB (4 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 Desktop Memory Model CMZ32GX3M4X1600C10
            in anticipation of ordering either the Asus P8Z77-V PRO or the P8Z77-V Deluxe.

I guess for the price of $203, I could not turn it down!

This memory is not on the QVL!!

Am I screwed?

Thanks,

Ray

Comment

Probably not, the QVLs these days don't really mean a whole lot, generally the manufacturer's test whatever they have available (and you might see, in many cases they don't even test w/ 8GB sticks) theirs a thread I wrote that talks about it here:

http://www.gskill.us/forum/showthread.php?t=10566

The big thing is to ensure you have the latest BIOS which will almost always have updates for DRAM compatibility (because there are numerous mobos that advertise 32GB max, that are that way based on the chipset, that came out before 8GB sticks were even really available)....so give them a shot and if any problem, hope that Corsair has someone who can figure out the needed Advanced timings for the set, which is where the problems often pop up. As Gskill tech and I said , basically all of the GSkill sets have been tested and work, so think your chances are decent

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Thank you for the quick response. I am feeling a little better.
                What I am doing is slowly accumulating the components I need to build my dream machine.

I could not turn down the memory from NewEgg, 32G for $203 shipped.

The issue I may run into is if the memory does not work, the 30 money back deal will probably have already expired.

Thanks and I will post my progress with this memory/MOBO combination when the time comes.

Ray

Comment

If you have a problem and the time expires or Corsair can't help, give a shout or PM me and I'll give you a hand

Tman

Comment

Working...
                  X