Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RMA Question

Hi

I purchased GS-F3-12800CL7D-8GBXH this set not long ago.

I have been having BSOD and random crashes since building my PC and after replacing my power supply i just tested my RAM.

I get 2 errors at the exact same spot with Memtest within 30 minutes.

Since then i decided that i would purchase the exact same set again so that i could have 16gb in total, and also use the new set to test on my Mobo and confirm that it was the RAM that was faulty.

My supplier has told me that GS-F3-12800CL7D-8GBXH is EOL and they can not get anymore, so they suggested i purchase GS-F3-12800CL7D-8GBXM, which i have.

After testing with the new RAM everything is perfectly fine no errors in memtest and no more crashing etc (i also tested the defected ram in another PC and still have the memtest errors), so i have requested a RMA from my supplier.

My question is that when GSKILL receive the RMA ram and if they confirm that it is faulty, is it possible to get GS-F3-12800CL7D-8GBXM as a replacement instead of the original GS-F3-12800CL7D-8GBXH.

PC Specs
    Mobo: Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD7-B3
    VGA: Gainward GeForce GTX 580 3GB Phantom x 2 SLI
    PSU: Corsair AX1200
    CPU: i7 2600k

P.S: i have not actually sent the RAM back to the supplier yet as i have only just requested the RMA and am yet to receive a response. Would it be better to RMA directly back to GSKILL???

You'll want to contact GSkill direct via their RMA, since in Australia, will want to email RMA@gskill.com and explain everything clearly. The RMA would then be handled by their main office folks in Taipei....They should be able to provide the options, another possible if to RMA through your store or e-tailer and see if they can exchange for the newer model instead of a straight exchange, is so that might be faster.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
    X