X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overclocking failed

Hello,

i hope someone can help me there

I bought a new pc and at the first i tried it there was always after 5-10 hours a windows freeze without any warnings - this i could fix by manually setting the DRAM Times to 9-10-9-24-2 ... but now i have the problem (atm only when i play Tera online, because it needs the most ressources) that i get random freezes after 1-5 hours ... and when i restart the computer it writes:

Overclocking failed please enter Setup to ....

i didnt overclock my computer in any kind - except for the ram which i set to the settings i wrote.

i got 1866 Mhz Ram - RipjawsX - 16 GB
    Asus P9X79WS
    intel i7 3930k

it run now for ~1,5 month while playing other games that are not that much ressource eating ... and i had no problems

please help me if you know this problem anyhow

**bios is up to date

Might well have been a glitch with Tera that was fixed, either in how it allocated resources or might even have tried to get to nuch out of the GPU which can also cause that type of error. If it occurs again and you think it might be DRAM related might want to raise DRAM voltage a hair, if at stock now, might not even be getting the full voltage the BIOS shows due to power not being regulated as exactly as it should from PSU

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
    X