Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

anyone have experience with ASUS P7P55D-E LX PLUS sniper Series F3-14900CL9D-8GBSR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone have experience with ASUS P7P55D-E LX PLUS sniper Series F3-14900CL9D-8GBSR

I just ordered 8Gb (2 x 4) of F3-14900CL9D-8GBSR to go along with my ASUS P7P55D-E LX but I'm not 100% sure they're compatible. The LX version of my mobo isn't listed on the compatible motherboards page of the ram, nor is it in the g.skill ram configurator.

Does anyone have experience with this newer ram in this mobo?

I'm hoping to simply go into the bios and set the AI Overclock Tuner to XMP profile and be on my way.

processor: Intel Core i5 750
    Last edited by qotsa420; 04-30-2012, 10:07 PM.

Shouldn't have a problem, I'd make sure you have the latest BIOS, then enable XMP and select the 1866 profile, if any problem should be able to input the base timings, and DRAM voltage manually...the Sniper lines have worked with everything I've stuck them (and the OC well also) if you do have any problems give us a shout, we'll be here

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Thank you tradesman!

You've boosted my confidence. This will be my first build in 6 years... I have much to catch up on. I found what looks like a great guide here: http://www.techreaction.net/2010/09/...ide-lynnfield/ I'm just not sure if I should use XMP (with 1866 profile) in addition to asus OCing program or if manually OCing the CPU will require me to manually OC the ram, or if it's all auto... I'm trying to reach a moderate 3.5ghz with the core i5 750...

Maybe I'm supposed to OC the CPU before setting XMP

Asking for further advice would just be me being too lazy to Google and learn, but I welcome any links to help me on my quest! Thanks in advance.
      Last edited by qotsa420; 04-30-2012, 11:49 PM.

Comment

When you start try with the latest BIOS and enable XMP select the profile and your DRAM is set, can then OC the CPU from there to whatever you like, to OC the DRAM, will want to disable XMP prob do that manually. With your sticks and and a moderate DRAM voltage increase (say 1.55) should be able to run them at 2133 10-11-10-28, I had two sets of these in a P67 and ran them at 2133 with those timings

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

you probably just cut the time I will be Googling in half

so far it sounds like I'll be doing this:

1. Updating BIOS (if necessary)
          2. Enabling XMP and set profile to 1866
          3. OCing the CPU
          4. If desired, OCing the ram to 2133 with the timings of 10-11-10-28 (not sure about the required CPU clock speed to be able to do this)

+2 to Tradesman
          Last edited by qotsa420; 05-01-2012, 12:09 AM.

Comment

That seems to have the basics in hand, if you run into any problems, give us a shout, GSkill is normally in and out on weekdays, and as you might guess, I'm generally in and out whenever I'm awake and not working in the field, sometimes even then, I keep in touch with a few forums

Tman

Comment

Brown-nosing time:

G.skill always seem to go out of their way in helping customers, whether it's quickly addressing negative reviews on newegg (bad modules, etc), or helping out a some-what noob like myself out on a forum, and I've never had an issue with G.Skill modules.

On an OT note here (And I hope not against the rules)... whenever I see a craigslist ad of someone trying to sell memory modules for more than what they cost new, i always send the poster a link to g.skill ram on newegg then flag the ad
              Last edited by qotsa420; 05-01-2012, 12:20 AM.

Comment

I think GSkill is extremely customer oriented and they go the extra mile, which is one reason I primarily use their DRAM in my business and on my systems and those I build for clients. Have to say though, the biggest reason is they have good high quality products and good prices that appeal to the masses. With that, and a knowledgeable consumer base, it keeps me here hitting the forums and being able to both help and to learn from other members and keep up with all the hardware out there

Tman

Comment

Working...
                X