Memory read problem with Rampage III extreme and F3-12800CL9-2GBNQ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Memory read problem with Rampage III extreme and F3-12800CL9-2GBNQ

As Stated I have a Rampage III Extreme motherboard and An Intel I7-970 Processor. And my 12 gigs of F3-12800CL9-2GBNQ ram don't always read as such.
    When I cold boot my computer I get either 6 or 8 gigs. When I hot boot the computer I what ever whatever amount memory it had previously registered; 6g, 8g, or 12g. If I "warm" boot(turn it on, then off again, wait a moment and then power it back up) I get the full 12 gigs of ram.
    I am using X.M.P., have tweaked both ram voltages(can't remember their names right now), have run Memtest for about 3 hours with no errors, and I've tried to find solutions online(including on this forum). I'm both completely stumped and tired of booting my computer up twice to run the damn thing with full memory.
    I realize that my computer has slightly older components(compared to what I've seen recently on this forum) but I would greatly appreciated any assistance.

Sounds like everthing isn't inializing correctly might add about .04 - .05 to the QPI/VTT voltage which is the MC (Memory Controller) voltage, might also see if you can gt your hands on another power supply and try that to see if the issue may be a fading rail in your power supply, can always check with friends co-workers also if you don't have one available

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
    X