Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thermalright silver arrow / SB-E compatibility

Hi,

Before buying the memory, i would like to know if ares or sniper are both compatible with the thermalright silver arrow and silver arrow SB-E.
    Or others memorys?

thx

What mobo/CPU/etc - some have more room around the the CPU socket than others do

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

cpu: i5 3570k ivy bridge
      mobo: asus sabertooth z77
      case: corsair obsidian 550D

Comment

Think it will work, but not positive, I'll drop GSkill Tech a note to take a look, they migh know for sure

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

still no news from Gskill tech?

Comment

On Mondays, they first work through all the email and phone from the weekends, sometimes it can take the whole day, and this may be one, the new Ivy bridge CPUs were released over the weekend and I imagine they have a flood of calls wanting to know if DRAM people already have will work or suggestions on what to buy, have seen some here and seems a number of folks think that Ivy bridge is quad channel, when it's not, it's a dual architecture

Tman

Comment

ok forget it, i have order memory from another manufacturer.

Comment

If you get a chance let us know what you got and if they fit, the Ares are 33mm and the Snipers are 40mm is all I know, that's available on the GSkill site, sorry couldn't help, but I haven't used one. Also how the Silver Arrow works out for cooling

Tman

Comment

i have ordered corsair vengeance low profile (26,25mm) and should easily fit under silver arrow or SB-E version.

Here review for SB-E version:
                  http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/coo...rrow-sb-e.html

here for first version:
                  http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/coo...ver-arrow.html

Comment

Appreciate the info, let us know how the rig turns out

Tman

Comment

Not mine but i found it:
                      Last edited by orphena; 05-12-2012, 09:36 AM.

Comment

Is there a motherboard under there? Just kidding!!................Looks like the Ares fit

Tman

Comment

Working...
                        X