Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DDR3 1600 Problem

I Have
    GIGABYTE GA-MA770T-UD3P AM3 AMD 770 ATX AMD Motherboard with PII x4 955 processor
    Windows 7 64bit
    Ram not OC'd
    Just updated my mobo to newest version on gigabytes site. Still same prob.

I just Added 8gigs 2x4g Gskill of DDR3 1600 to my previous 2x2GB(put new Ram in primary slots)

Computer runs fine. It is showing 12Gigs of RAM. I can surf the web/watch movies/listen to music as long as I want no problems.

After about 15 minutes of playing Battlefield 3 I Get a BSOD dumping physical memory. It has happened before I installed the ram. Now that the new ram is installed I get the BSOD every time.

Do I have to do something with the ram in the BIOS? Tone it down?

Thanks

NEW RAM: (SLOTS 1&2) G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL

OLD RAM: (SLOTS 3&4) G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9D-4GBNQ
    Last edited by Centrick; 04-28-2012, 04:21 PM.

With two different sets of DRAM I think I'd raise the DRAM voltage .05 and raise the vCore .03 to .05, might smooth things out

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

was on the boat all weekend. Tonight when I get home I will try that out... I took out my old 2x2 ram and just running the new 2x4 sticks in the primary slots and it still does it.

Once I get home I will Re-install the 2x2 sticks in slots 3&4 and try changing what you suggested.

Comment

If not, may need to drop to 1333, maybe 8-8-8-24

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Alright, Did all of the above.

Ran 2x4g @ 1600 11,9,9,24 (what it started at)
          Ran 2x4g @ 1333 11,9,9,24
          Ran 2x4g @ 1333 8,8,8,24(Game took half the time to load up maps actually...But crashed ~3:14 into every game tried about 5 times)

Returned everything back to stock
          2x2g @1600 11,9,9,24 (Definitely took longer to load maps, Game lasted 8:00mins tried 3 times with same result. Lasted 5 mins longer each game.. )

I bought the new ram because it BSOD on me twice with the old stuff, Figured it was minimum requirement for game, maybe i needed to upgrade. I guess it has nothing to do with amount of ram now??

I am kind of at a loss of where to go now? About to Re-install Skyrim and see if it kicks me out of there. Played it few months ago ALOT and never had a problem. Going to see if its JUTS BF3 or any time the RAM is really used.

Comment

Shouldn't be 11-9-9-24, should be 9-9-9-24 - do you have the latest BIOS, check that and try changing to the correct timings

Tman

Comment

EDIT: Seems like alot of people playing BF3 are having this problem. SOmething to do with onboard sound card possibly?

I Thank you for your help, Sorry to waste your time. Looks like it was just a Coincidence with the RAM changing I was doing.

Now that I HAVE 12GB running Should i leave it at the 1600 9,9,9,24? or change it to DDR1333 8,8,8,24
              Last edited by Centrick; 04-30-2012, 05:47 PM.

Comment

1600 is a bit faster and provides better bandwidth, I'd go for the bandwidth, can get a free utility like MaxxMem and run it and both settings and see the diff in ave copy, write, read and latency

Tman

Comment

Will do, thanks again for the help.

Comment

Not a problem, keep us informed and stay in touch

Tman

Comment

Working...
                    X