Is ASUS P8Z77-V DELUXE Compatible With my RAM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is ASUS P8Z77-V DELUXE Compatible With my RAM

I recently purchased 2 sets of 8 GB F3-14900CL9D-8GBXL for the ASUS Z68. I now want to buy the new Z77 but will base my decision on whether this memory is compatible.

Thanks!!

R.

Yes the sticks will run on the Z77, not sure how it went on the Z68, because any time you mix sets of sticks it can be problematic, i.e. the 2 might not want to play nice and a little tweaking may be required. If they were fine on the Z68 though they should also be fine for the 77 as Asus often bases their newer gen mobos of the same socket on the BIOS basics of the previous gen, and these are both 1155 socket mobos

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Thank you, I did actually presume that they would work. Actually right now I have them in an ASRock Extreme4 GEN3 and they're running great. I'm a bit disappointed with the ASRock that's why I want to upgrade more than anything else plus I like the extra features of the ASUS Z77.

Thanks for the quick reply

R.
      Last edited by robertw; 04-28-2012, 08:26 AM.

Comment

Yep you should have no problem, on a side note, I'll agree on the ASRock issue, that's what I've been playing with most of the day, my P67 had absolutely no support for 8GB sticks and after 2 weeks or so they have sent me a beta, which would thrill a little kid with all the different bugs crawling around

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Originally posted by Tradesman View Post
          Yep you should have no problem, on a side note, I'll agree on the ASRock issue, that's what I've been playing with most of the day, my P67 had absolutely no support for 8GB sticks and after 2 weeks or so they have sent me a beta, which would thrill a little kid with all the different bugs crawling around
          Yeah I wanted to really love the ASRock but I just really don't. For example I installed the additional USB rear I/O posrt. If I plug something into there I lose my USB mouse. If I plug in an eSATA hard drive into the front eSATA port I lose 2 of my internal SATA drives,

Plus I don't care for their implementation of the EUFI and just overall I feel that performance should be better but maybe that's just me. I had an EVGA X59 with an i7 920 OC'd to 4.0 and this with a i7 2700K at 4.5 doesn't feel like it's much quicker if at all.

I read so many good things about ASRock but I just don't see it myself. Oh and don't even get me started on support. There is none. I researched every single thing except somehow I missed how they simply don't have support. The forums are a joke with unanswered question going back weeks and months.

Anyway sorry for the rant, it is what it is.

Peace

R.

Comment

I hear you and no have problems with a bit of a rant, in my case the lack of support wasn't such a big deal (a bit of a pain, because I also had to figure out what all the advanced DRAM timings needed to be, which ended up all being tighter then how this beat sets things up - I was running about 27GB a sec at a base 4.6 CPU clock, around 30+ at 4.8, best this will do, even w/ tighter timings is about 25 at 4.6 and doesn't even want to clock any faster...will experiment more this evening, with the old I could run over 5 on air though the temps were up to mid 40's at idle which is warmer than I like at 4.8 I was sitting right at 40, which was good. Overall I look the mobos and they perform well......if you have the time and have enough know how to get them to do what you want. There's tradeoffs on a lot of mobos, like the SATA thing, and some makers sort of get around negatives by adding a second controller, unforunately it's often a Marvel controller and many of them have problems....

Tman

Comment

Working...
            X