Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

F3-2400C10Q-32GTX (TridentX 32GB) query?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-2400C10Q-32GTX (TridentX 32GB) query?

System: P8Z68-V PRO and i7-2600K, high quality PSU

I'm upgrading my ram from 16gb 1866 which is too small to 32gb 2400 which I just saw is on the market this week here. I am a heavy non-games user, RAM user and multitasker so I can use the extra, at the moment it's churning paged memory too much.

I think the TridentX 32gb 2400 must be backwards compatible with my motherboard/processor surely? it's more compatible in future if I upgrade, the increased bandwidth/lower latency may speed up my work a little if the board runs at 2133, and either the board will handle 2400 or I can run it at 2133 with tighter timing.

Before buying are there any problems at all why F3-2400C10Q-32GTX might not work with my system? Is it known to be a good fit for my h/w even if not on the official "qualified" list? Finally if I stay within Intel VDDR limits (1.5v+5%=1.6v) what sort of best speed/timings can I expect on this kit?

Thank you
    Last edited by Stilez; 04-27-2012, 05:41 PM.

These are designed for the 1155 along with the 3rd Gen Ivy CUs, but yes they'll work fine with your mobo/CPU combo...Will want the latest BIOS and on it I'm not positive if it will run sticks higher than 2133, Z68s and P67s 'officially' top out at 2133....if that is the case you should be able to run the Tridents at prob 2133, 9-10-10-30

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Thanks, good to know! What about voltage, if I limit it to 1.55 or 1.6 do we have any idea what sort of speed the kit's likely to handle?

Comment

I would guess yo might run 2133 at 1.6, will be a matter of balancing out the DRAM and the VCCIO (or it may be VTT, whichever it is the MC (Memory Controller) Voltage.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
        X