8GB F3-16000CL6D-4GBPIS with p7h55d-evo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 8GB F3-16000CL6D-4GBPIS with p7h55d-evo

Hi, im using a ASUS P7H55D-M EVO with bios 0806. The combo with a I5 750@ 3.5 gb is running great for almost 2 years but recently i start feeling my computer needs more RAM. Currently i am using 2x2 F3-16000CL6D-4GBPIS. Is it possible to add another identical kit for this motherboard, making it 4x2, or even 3x2 to give me 6gb? My cpu heatsink is on the way of the first dim slot so im not sure i may be able to use the 4 dims, but i will be very happy with at least 6gb.
    Thanks.
    Last edited by Frankalexandre; 04-27-2012, 10:08 AM.

If you can find a set, you can try it, no guarantee the sets will play together, any time you mix two sets it can be problematic, especially with high freq/low CL DRAM, which these definitely are. Might be better off with maybe a 2x4GB set

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Thanks. I decided i should buy it anyway since i cant find the kit anywhere here in Brazil. Thanks God i ordered the last kit from this site:
      http://www.e-coyote.com.br/memoria-g...bpis/detalhes/

If it doesnt work i will keep for my planed upgrade for christmas. I loved this memory so much and its hard to find good 2000 MHZ memory here. As i already have one i think i had the right decision.

Comment

Sounds like it, not often you find 2000/CL6 sticks and I agree they are great have used them in a couple builds

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Well... installed the other 4gb today but unfortunately the motherboard show "usable size: 4gb".
          With 3 gb the system doesnt boot. There's no error with the sticks, only it seens the motherboard cant see they all. Tried also to update the bios on asus site for the lastest version but this didnt solve the problem.

Comment

Try reinstalling the sticks and check in BIOS what it shows. If it shows 6 w/ 3 sticks or 8 w/ all four sticks, then boot into Win and see what it shows and let us know, also what version of Win are you running and is it 32 or 64 bit, 32bit can only use up to 4GB and gen in the vicinity of 3.5

Tman

Comment

Working...
            X