2 sets of RAM: 1333 and 1600

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 sets of RAM: 1333 and 1600

I wanted some help regarding RAM I purchased awhile back. Here are my system specs:

Mobo: Asus M489GTD Pro
    CPU: AMD Phenom ii x6 1055t

I have 2 sets of RAM:
    F3-10666CL9-4GBRL 2 sticks at 8GB
    and
    F3-12800CL9-2GBRL 2 sticks at 4GB XMP
    12 GB of RAM in total.

Currently I am running all RAM at 10666 (DDR3 1333).

I am wondering if running them at 1333 is inhibiting the entire system since I have a mix of 2-1333 and 2-1600 XMP sticks.

To my understanding, XMP need to be run alone for optimum performance.

Would the system run a lot smother if I purchased another set of the f3-10666CL9-4GBRL and simply took out the 2-2gb 1600 XMP set?

Thanks for the help

If running at 1333, with all four sticks that means the 1600 sticks are also running at 1333 and probably 9-9-9-twenty something, while they will run with these timings it's not optimal for the 1600 sticks, ideally at 1333 they'd run at 8-8-8-24 or better...It shouldn't have a negative affect on the system...but it's possible, it won't hurt anything physically or damage anything, but if getting any BSODs might want to raise the DRAM voltage a pinch to smooth things out...maybe add + .03 to the DRAM voltage

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Thanks.

I'll turn up the voltage +.03 and see if it makes a difference. I don't get BSOD but I do get occasional lock up and freezes where I can move my mouse but nothing else seems to work. It may be something else other than my RAM though. I'll report back.

Comment

Can try each set by themselves and if no problems then it's prob the combo, can try adjusting the DRAM voltage and/or the MC voltage

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
        X