Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ga-990fxa-ud5(f7) + amd fx-6100 + f3-2133c11d-8gao

I have a:
    GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD5 AM3+ AMD 990FX SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard
    AMD FX-6100 Zambezi 3.3GHz Socket AM3+ 95W Six-Core Desktop
    (2X) G.SKILL Ares Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 2133 (PC3 17000) Desktop Memory Model F3-2133C11D-8GAO

I am having trouble with timings, voltage, frequency, ect. i am new to overclocking and haven't seen anything on here describing processes for 2133 RAM. I know my mobo can handle 2000 O.C. but i cant get it past 1600 without stability issues. My BIOS are current. Please help!

First off any time you mix 2 sets of DRAM it can be problematic, and if I'm reading it right you have 2 sets of 2x4GB (16GB total). Not positive off-hand, does your mobo support DOCP? Dram Over Clock Profile, if so may want to try that, otherwise will need to set up manually with the base timings, CR at 2N or 2T (think yours uses the N designator), DRAM voltage prob will need + .06, and will prob need to raise the CPU/NB about + .12 or possibly more. Can try that also and if problems get back to us, and we may have to try at 1866, spec on the 6100 says it will support up to 1 stick per channel at 1866

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

After searching around my BIOS all evening, I found out that i do have something called DRAM Easy Over Clock Profile. Upon trying all the recommended settings in there for both 1866 and 2000, neither were able to produce stable results, even with using AUTO system voltage settings. All ended in BSOD. This ended up forcing me to go back to fail safe settings of 1333. Even when i manually reset the timings to their recommended settings, it would not allow me to go any higher than 1333. Any increase to the DRAM voltage, and the CPU/NB would still say *system voltage not optimized* Let me know if you need more info than that. BUT thanks for being so quick with a response, and sorry for my delay in getting back to you. I really appreciate your help in this matter.

Comment

Check that you have the latest BIOS, then might try @ 1866 10-10-10-30, DRAM Voltage 1.6 and CPU/NB at 1.27

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
        X