F3-17000CL9Q-16GBZH Problems!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-17000CL9Q-16GBZH Problems!

Apologies for large pictures - my system is crippled with errors due to RAM.

Symptoms

Upon completion of my system build I initially encountered the odd blue screen when running memory at 2133MHZ, I used MemTest 4.0 and found errors. I had read on Newegg (place of purchase) that others had trouble running at 2133MHZ to I lowered settings to 1600MHZ, ran MemTest and encountered no errors.

Then over a period of time whilst starting windows I had Windows 7 pause before loading to complete a consistency check (on several occasions that was locating corrupt files) - then yesterday a blue screen stating "Memory Management".. first I ran SFC which told me there were errors it could not fix - I then ran MemTest and found thousands of memory errors.

My first G.Skill purchase I was/am very disappointed (though I've found Newegg to be an unreliable source of hardware I must say) - I submitted an RMA form to send back all four sticks.

http://www.rageplatoon.com/public/images/2.JPG

Further Self Diagnosis

Today I figured I should try and narrow things down myself a little - I tilted my Lian Li X2000F case on it's side (no mean feat) and tried to access the RAM sticks from around the irritatingly large Noctua NH-D14 SE2011.

As it's a hassle to remove all four sticks due to the Noctua I removed the easiest one and tested the MemTest86'ed the system again - no errors!

Question

What recommendations do you have - is it just the one faulty stick of RAM - should I return all four - as one failed with moderate use possibly the others are just as unreliable?

Hardware

ASUS Rampage IV Extreme
    Intel 3630K LGA 2011
    G.Skill F3-17000CL9Q-16GBZH

Thanks for any input - sorry if I missed anything!
    Last edited by EvilCensor; 04-26-2012, 08:52 AM. Reason: Did further testing and eliminated some possibilities.

You should use memtest86+ v4.20

Test one module at a time with DOCP enabled.

If that passes, you can try four modules with DOCP enabled.

You may need to slightly raise CPU-NB Voltage to stabilize full slots.

Keep us posted on the results.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
    X