• Help to config FE-19200CL11Q to GA-X79-UD5

I have the following:

Gigabyte GA-X79-UD5 with Bios F10 on a I7-3960x cpu
    Phanteks PH-TC14PE CPU Cooler
    32gb of two set FE-19200CL11Q-16GBZHD Gskill memory
    MSI N580GTX lighting xtreme edition
    Four Crucial M4 SSD 64gb on a LSI SAS 9211-8i raid 0
    Power Supply Cooler Master 1000w Silent Pro

The problem is that when I set the memory to X.M.P. mode in profile 1 and save the bios. It started to reboot but all I can hear the power supply to started over and over it hangs in that loop. So I push the clear CMOS button and then the system starts and the memory defaults to auto. Which it is 1600MHZ with the X.M.P. is disabled and I have also use profile 2 with the same issue. I have done a memory test with Memtest86+ v4.20 and the Windows Memory Diagnostic in window 7 x64, they both pass with no issues on the memory. Also have try use the manual mode but get the same issue.

The help I need is to configure the X.M.P. mode to 2400MHZ but I do not know the right setting?

Any help will be appreciated

Ulls
    Last edited by ulls; 04-25-2012, 03:15 AM.

The XMP settings are programmed into the sticks, so XMP will work with individual sets, but not with multiple sets, which is why it is recommended that people buy a single set of the total amount desired. You can try setting them up manually by inputting the base timings, CR to 2T (or 2N if it uses the N designator) will prob need DRAM voltage 1.65 to 1.7 (since two sets), VCCSA to 1.20 or so and VTT about 1.20 to start (if all goes well then VCCSA and VTT can be lowered in small increments while maintaining stability)

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Update

Sorry for the delay,

I understand about the sets, but I had this memory running in XMP mode on the rampage IV extreme motherboard. The rampage IV extreme motherboard had issues so I replace it with GA-X79-UD5.

Now, I could not find the VCCSA and VTT seting the bois. Under advanced memory settings all I can see is the profile VTT voltage but cannot adjust due to it is shaded out and how to adjust VTT on the bios I do not know. So I tested 1 set of 16gb memeory and set it to X.M.P. mode in profile 1. Under advanced memory settings I can see that profile DRAM voltage 1.65, profile VTT voltage1.20 and all memeory setting went to 11,11,11,31,2are set. After a reboot it work and afterward it fail, its doing the same, its started over and over in a loop it dosn't even post. This happen also to the 2nd set of 16gb.

So I put everything back and running in memory defaults setting which is 1600Mhz. I also done another memeory test and it passes. Could I have bad memory or do I need a high powersupply?

Thanks
      ulls

Comment

Have a feeling a good part of the problem is in the BIOS, do you have the latest version? Check that you have the latest, and I'll pull down a manual here in a bit and take a look at the settings that are available

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Yes it is F10

Thanks
          ulls

Comment

You can check the DRAM by running each stick through a couple passes of Memtest, or for a rough idea, at 1600 just run Windows memory diagnostics. Didn't see VCCSA either, looks like the set the voltages and ajust via a higher or lower v-droop which is another setting....maybe somebody will pop in that's used this mobo..In the meantime can you post your BIOS settings

Tman

Comment

For Gigabyte, it is IMC Voltage in BIOS for memory controller voltage.

Thank you
              GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
              X