• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asus Rampage IV Extreme - Display Driver Crashing

Specs:
    Mobo- Rampage IV Extreme
    CPU- i7 3930k
    RAM- F3-17000CL11Q-16GBZL

The display driver is continuously crashing. I have tried an AMD 6970 and an NVIDIA GTX 680 which is what I am currently running.

BIOS settings are as follows:

Ai Overclock Tuner - X.M.P.
    Profile 1

Blck Freq - 100
    CPU Strap - Auto
    Clockgen Full Reset - Enabled
    Turbo Ratio - By All Cores
    Memory Freq - 2133
    Xtreme Tweak - Enabled
    VTT CPU - 1.25
    2nd - 1.25

CPU VCCSA - 1.25
    2nd - 1.25

DRAM Voltag - 1.615
    2nd 1.615

PCH Voltage - 1.2

VTTDDR - .78750
    2nd - .78750

For 16GB VCCSA and VTT CPU both look to high, try both about 1.15

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Changed the voltages to 1.15. Same issue. Seems like it crashes more often now.

Comment

XMP in the BIOS may be off, let's try manually, XMP disabled, base times in manually at 11-11-11-30, CR at 2T, DRAM voltage at 1.65, VCCIO at 1.2, VCCSA 1.15

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Updated with those settings. Same issue.

Comment

Do you have the latest BIOS?

Tman

Comment

I do have the latest BIOS.

Comment

How much of an OC do you have? Can you post your BIOS settings......and not sure if you know, but w/ the UEFI BIOS you can put a USB drive in, and then if you want a screen shot of the BIOS screen hit F12 and it will save a screenshot to the USB drive

Tman

Comment

I ended up returning the memory and getting a corsair dominator kit. Worked perfectly with XMP and Gen 3 PCIe selected on my motherboard. I appreciate the help though.

Comment

Glad to hear all is well, sorry the GSkill didn't work out, but on occasion people will get a bad stick or the sticks and the mobo just won't play together.

Tman

Comment

Working...
                    X