Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gigabyte X58A-UD7 ang Gskill memories

Hi,

Wanted to know if I can use the following sets of memories with the motherboard Gigabyte X58A-UD7, the models that i was thinking would be:

Gskill ARES F3-1600C9D-8GAB * 2

or

Gskill DDR3 8GB 1600MHZ Sniper - C9 * 2
    F3-12800CL9D-8GBSR

or

Gskill DDR3 8GB 1866MHZ Sniper - C9 * 2
    F3-14900CL9D-8GBSR

One more question, these memories can operate at 1.65v?

Thank you, for your help!

The preferable choice would be a 4x4GB set, that way all have been tested to work together. Any time you mix sets you can run into problems. Rather than what you show, but based on those selections, I'd suggest the 16GB 1600 Snipers, F3-12800CL9Q-16GBSR.

Comment

Following the reasoning, it will be possible to use the kit [ RipjawsZ ] F3-12800CL9Q-16GBZL (4Gx4)? What do you say? Thanks in advance!!

Comment

That set should be fine also

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Thanks for your replys, you guys can give me a help with configuration settings for this memories using a X58 setup!?

X58A-UD7 using a 940 i7...

I am a little concerned with the detection of the 16gb and the voltage!?

Comment

Should be no problem, ensure you have the latest BIOS, F9A which can be found here:

http://www.gigabyte.us/products/prod...?pid=3251#bios

then install in (check your manual, but believe it's) slots 1,2,3,5 from CPU for Tri-Channel use, 1,2,3,4 if you only want to run Dual (don't know why you would, but it's an option)

May have to raise QPI/VTT a bit ( + .1 or so), if any problems, give us a shout

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
            X