AMD bulldozer and asus crosshair formula V

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMD bulldozer and asus crosshair formula V

Hi I was wondering if 32 gb of g skill ripjaws Z ddr3 2133 pc3 17000 would work with an asus crosshair formula V motherboard and a 3.9ghz AMD bulldozer CPU. If not what would be a good suggestion that is similar to the specs of the ripjaws memory. Also the set up would be liquid cooled and would be running 2 radeon cards in crossfire.

Guessing you've got the newer 8150 and to be honest, I'm not sure, but unless you want to run the sticks slower, I wouldn't bet on this combo. About the best I've seen with an 8150 is 16GB at around 2000 and with 32 GB it was with 1333 sticks. Hopefully, some of the AMD enthusiasts might have more info, and I'll both see what I can dig up and drop GSkill Tech a note to see if they have done any testing with similar combos. Last I looked at the QVL on the Crosshair I don't think they had tested any 8GB sticks and very few sets of 16GB, none at 32

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Ok thanks for the help. I also found some corsair memory running at the same speed but 16 gb. Do you think that would be any better.

Comment

With the new 8150 that stock at 3.9, you might well run 16GB at 2133, (I'd liker to try that with the 16GB, 2133/CL9 Snipers, I think that would be a good match), even if it couldn't run at 2133 could prob hit 2000 or 1866 at CL8 or better. I primarily build Intel rigs, and in large part because of the much better memory controller, and I've been an advocate of using as much memory as possible for about as long as I can remember, back to the 386 and filling all slots with as many MegaBytes as I could.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Cool I'll prob go with 16gb then. Thanks

Comment

Let us know how it goes, we'll be looking for you

Tman

Comment

I will thanks again for the help.

Comment

No problem

Tman

Comment

i have 16gb but can't get it the work properly....cpu is amd 8150. only reflects 1/2 of memort and the bio's is set at 1333

Comment

Do you have the latest BIOS? What set of sticks did you go with? What version of Win, if WIN7 need at least Home Premium to run 16GB

Tman

Comment

yes 1301, home prem, and patroit viper xteeme 1866mhz 4x4gb.

Comment

yes i have the latest bios 1301, win 7 home prem, 16gb memory (system showing only 79oo usable) patriot 1866, 16gb 4x4 kit.

Comment

You'll need to OC the CPU, set the freq to 1866, enter the timings manually, CR at 2N, not that familiar with the Vipers, I seldom use Patriot, but would guess you'll have to raise the DRAM voltage + .06 or .07 and the CPU/NB voltage at least + + .13. May want to check w/ Patriot...I'll drop a note to a buddy of mine, he does AMD and a fair bit w/ Patriot and see if he has any ideas

Tman

Comment

hey i got the computer set up. Crosshair V formula motherboard with the 8150 black edition cpu. I got 16gb of gskill ares ram. 2133mhz. it is currently running at 1600mhz. all 16gb are recognized. I havent messed with the speed yet, but everything is running pretty well.

Comment

Sounds good, might try the DOCP (think your mobo has it, and see how it does to go 2133)

Tman

Comment

Working...
                              X