Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• problems with F3-17000CL9Q-16GBZH on ASUS P9X79 Pro Motherboard

Hello,

I am having problems using the G.Skill DIMM 16 GB DDR3-2133 Quad-Kit (F3-17000CL9Q-16GBZH) on my Asus P9X79 Pro Motherboard while using XMP. If I use the default settings in the BIOS (newest Version 0906) everything works fine but if I use the XMP Profile 2133 MHz I get errors when using MemTest (Version 4.0 from HCI) and the same when using Prime95 (Version 27.3). I also already tried XMP Profile1 and Profile2 but nothing changes.

My retailer already replaced me the first kit but the problems are still the same!!! So therefore I believe that the modules are fine.

Does anybody has a clue to solve my problem?

Regards

My exact Hardware is:
    CPU: Intel Core i7-3930K (C2 Stepping)
    Motherboard: ASUS P9X79 Pro (Bios Version 0906)
    RAM: G.Skill DIMM 16 GB DDR3-2133 Quad-Kit (F3-17000CL9Q-16GBZH)
    Harddisk: OS is on a Crucial RealSSD C300 with 128GB
    CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D14 SE2011
    GFX: GeForce GTS 450 passiv
    Power: Enermax Modu87+ with 500W
    Tower: Lian Li PC-6B Midi-Tower
    Additional Coolers: front: be quit Silentwings USC 120mm; backwards: be quit Silentwings USC 140mm

enable XMP, select profile 1, and try raising the VCCSA voltage + .04, may also have to raise VCCIO just a bit +.02 = .03 or so.
    What kind of OC do you have on the CPU? it will require an OC

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Originally posted by Tradesman View Post
      enable XMP, select profile 1, and try raising the VCCSA voltage + .04, may also have to raise VCCIO just a bit +.02 = .03 or so.
      What kind of OC do you have on the CPU? it will require an OC
      Thx for your quick answer!

Up to now I don?t have any OC. You mean that if I don?t OC my CPU I will constantly get errors in those programs (MemTest and Prime) I use???? I will adjust the voltages you told me and will make a test run within the next hours.

I am thinking about just raising the multiplier a bit without raising any voltage?

Regards

Comment

Can try that, and don't worry on the voltage changes either we won't be doing anything drastic, i.e have run VCCSA up to 1.25 and more (granted with 64GB set) but it was safe....we would be starting with a nominal increase to get it running and stable. Once stable we will/would then try decreasing voltage while maintaining stability. I don't like any more voltage than needed, but do want things stable. Anytime you get into the newer hardware (CPU/mobo/sticks) we're in the same position the manufacturers are, none of them can test with all possible combos of hardware, the mobo makers in particular will be working steadily on the X79 chipset in the months to come for DRAM and CPU compatibility and stability

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

So I just tried raising the ?CPU VCCSA Manual Voltage? from 1.25 to 1.29. The other setting you told me (VCCIO) I didn?t found anywhere in the BIOS?

Sadly the problems are still the same (Prime errors) :-(

Comment

Might be CPU VTT, or something with VTT, will get the manual and take a look and get back this AM

EDIT, believe VTTCPU
            Last edited by Tradesman; 04-01-2012, 06:43 AM.

Tman

Comment

Might be CPU VTT, or something with VTT, will get the manual and take a look and get back this AM

EDIT, believe VTTCPU
              OK I also raised the VTTCPU (+0.0315V) but still I have the same problems

So up to know I raised CPU VCCSA Manual Voltage (+0.05V) and VTTCPU (+0.0315V)... shouldnt I raise a DIMM voltage? For example there is also a VTTDDR voltage.

Regards

Comment

What are your voltages at currently, we'll want a nice balance between the VCCSA and the VTTCPU

Tman

Comment

Use memtest86+ v4.20, not memtest86 v4.0

Thank you
                  GSKILL TECH

Comment

What are your voltages at currently, we'll want a nice balance between the VCCSA and the VTTCPU
                    ?CPU VCCSA Manual Voltage" is right now 1.3V (+0.05V) and VTTCPU is 1.08125V (+0.03125). Before I tried VCCSA 1.29 (+0.04V) and VTTCPU 1.075V (+0.02125V).

Comment

Originally posted by GSKILL TECH View Post
                      Use memtest86+ v4.20, not memtest86 v4.0

Thank you
                      GSKILL TECH
                      OK but there are still the errors in Prime95. If you use expensive hardware there shouldn?t be any errors??!?!

Comment

How about VCCSA 1.21 and VTTCPU 1.2

Tman

Comment

Can you post pics of your best BIOS/EFI settings?

Which slots do you have the memory installed in?

Make sure to disable power saving features such as C1E, Speedstep, etc.

Thank you
                          GSKILL TECH

Comment

My retailer replaced me again the kit and I took the chance to switch to the 32GB F3-17000CL9Q2-32GBZH kit. Sadly again I still had exact the same problems as before...

How about VCCSA 1.21 and VTTCPU 1.2
                            I tried this VCCSA and VTTCPU combination and UNBELIEVABLE the errors are gone!!!! I thought already that there is no possibility for me to run in XMP 2133 MHz mode. That?s a nice success but I don?t really like the high VTTCPU. Isn?t that a bit too much? That?s a VTTCPU increase of +0.15V now (my motherboard colors this value already red).

Isn?t it strange that it works now with undervolting the VCCSA (-0.04V from standard 1.25V)???
                            What are the next steps to take?

Originally posted by GSKILL TECH View Post
                            Can you post pics of your best BIOS/EFI settings?
                            Which slots do you have the memory installed in?
                            Make sure to disable power saving features such as C1E, Speedstep, etc.
                            Thank you
                            GSKILL TECH
                            Your first question is not any more relevant as I switched now to the 32GB kit.
                            I tried disabling the C1E and Speedstep settings but that didn?t made any difference in my case. It works now with the different voltages even if these options are enabled ? so shouldn?t they be enabled?!?!

Thanks already to you both for all the help!

Comment

You should always test/try voltages to see if they are necessary, i.e test for the lowest stable value.

You can keep the power saving features enabled as long as the system can be stable with them.

Thank you
                              GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
                              X